Quick & Easy Marinara Sauce - Keto and Low Carb
Homemade Low Carb and Keto friendly Italian tomato sauce that only takes 20 minutes to make!
- 28 oz can organic crushed tomatoes (no salt added/3 net carbs per 1/4 cup serving)
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic basil, chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon swerve granular (or erythritol)
- Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine (I use Pinot Grigio)
- *Optional: dash of red pepper flakes
Heat a small saucepan and add olive oil. Sauté garlic for about 30 seconds (do not brown it will become bitter). Add in the wine and stir, allow to reduce until most of the wine has evaporated.
Add in the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, swerve and basil. Simmer on medium low for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
Calories: 41kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g