Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup - Keto and Low Carb
Classic jalapeño popper dip turned into a hearty soup and topped with cheddar cheese!
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken I use roasted chicken
- 3 jalapeño peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese plus a little more for garnish
- 5 pieces of uncured bacon raw and chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the bacon over medium heat in a pot until crisp. Remove the bacon and most of the grease, leaving behind about a tablespoon. Sauté the onion and jalapeño peppers for a few minutes.
Add in the chili seasoning and allow to toast for about 10 seconds, while stirring. Add in the chicken stock, chicken, most of the bacon (reserve a little for garnish) and the heavy cream.
Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, uncovered. Add in the shredded cheddar, mascarpone and cream cheese and stir until melted.
Serve with a healthy garnish of cheddar cheese, bacon and chopped jalapeño peppers.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Sugar: 3g