Creamy Tuscan Chicken Skillet - Keto and Low Carb
Tender chicken sautéed in a flavorful creamy pink sauce made in one pan in 20 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cut into large chunks
- 2 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 of a 15 ounce can diced tomatoes liquid included
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- olive oil or other Keto friendly oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium, add in half the butter and oil. Add in the chicken, salt and pepper and sauté for a few minutes on each side or until lightly golden. Remove and set side.
Add in the remaining butter and sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes, or until they have some good color. Sauté the garlic for 20 seconds, careful not to burn it! Add in the diced tomatoes with their liquid/sauce and the spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
Stir in the heavy cream, mascarpone and parmesan cheese. Once combined, add the chicken back in and simmer on medium low for 8-10 minutes (partially covered) or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the fresh basil and serve! Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g