Egg Roll in a Bowl/Crack Slaw - Keto and Low Carb
A Low Carb and Keto friendly version of a deconstructed egg roll with a spicy kick!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 pound ground pork (or beef)
- 12 ounces shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup Liquid Aminos (or Coconut Aminos)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons Sambal (plain or garlic)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (white and green parts divided)
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
Add about 2 teaspoons of mild flavored Keto-friendly oil to a skillet, along with the pork and brown.
While the pork is browning, mix together your sauce: chicken stock, Liquid Aminos, Sambal, Sriracha and toasted sesame oil.
Create a well in the center and add the ginger and garlic, cook another minute (careful not to burn the garlic, it will become bitter). Mix together and add in the white parts of the sliced green onions and cook for another minute.
Add in the cabbage and stir in the sauce mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on how soft or crunchy you want your cabbage. Top with the sesame seeds, a drizzle of Sriracha and green parts of the sliced green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g