Satisfy your cravings for Chinese takeout with this Keto friendly version of an egg roll! It only takes 20 minutes to prepare, making it the perfect weeknight dinner!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
This is a fun and easy take on those egg rolls that you might be missing since starting Keto. All the great flavors, but none of the carbs or guilt with this dish!
This is honestly one of my favorite go-to weeknight dinners! You can even do some of the prep work ahead of time! If you don’t have ground pork, you can use beef, chicken or even shrimp.
Add in other veggies that you have on hand too. This dish is totally customizable!
The whole dish can be made in just 20 minutes, from start to finish! Leftovers are even better the next day too!
Ingredients for Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Ground Pork
- Coleslaw mix
- Liquid Aminos
- Chicken Stock
- Toasted sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
How to Make Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
Heat a large skillet to medium heat and brown the pork
While the pork is browning, mix together your sauce: chicken stock, Liquid Aminos, Sambal, Sriracha and toasted sesame oil.
Create a well in the center and add the ginger and garlic, cook another minute (careful not to burn the garlic, it will become bitter).
Mix together and add in the white parts of the sliced green onions and cook for another minute.
Add in the coleslaw mix.
Then stir in the sauce mixture.
Cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on how soft or crunchy you want your cabbage.
Top with the sesame seeds, a drizzle of Sriracha and green parts of the sliced green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Are Egg Rolls Keto?
Traditional egg rolls pack 25 grams of carbs EACH! But, here’s the good news, this recipe is egg roll in a bowl Keto style. By taking away the wrap, you save the majority of those carbs.
Cabbage is loaded with vitamins, minerals, folic acid and other nutrients that provide many health benefits that you can read all about in this article.
Are There Carbs in Egg Roll in a Bowl?
There’re minimal carbs in this version of low carb egg roll in a bowl. With only 3 net carbs per serving, this is a excellent choice for a Keto meal any night of the week.
Tips for Low Carb Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Most grocery stores sell precut cabbage mix. If you can’t find it, you can certainly chop your own cabbage. To do so, remove the outer leaves of a head of cabbage. Core and quarter it, then using a knife or mandolin, lay the cabbage quarter on its flat side and slice into ribbons.
- You want to get good color on the meat for flavor, so start off browning your meat on high heat. Once, you add the vegetables, moisture will prevent the meat from browning further.
- Don’t skip the sesame oil. This is a key ingredient in giving this dish that authentic Asian flavor you’re looking for.
- Pork is perfect for this Keto egg roll in a bowl. If you use ground beef, make sure you choose the type with high fat content. Fat gives this dish so much added flavor.
- This recipe is a great make-ahead dish. If you’re meal prepping, include this low carb cabbage dish in your rotation. The flavors are even better the next day! So, go ahead and make a double batch and you’re all set for several days.
- Leftover egg roll in a bowl can be frozen, in an airtight freezer safe container. You may find the cabbage loses some of it crunch after freezing, but the flavors are still amazing. To thaw, place in the fridge over night and then reheat in a skillet over medium heat.
Other Quick and Easy Keto Meals
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Chicken Tenders
- Fried Shrimp
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp
- Chorizo and Pepper Cauliflower Rice
- Portobello Mushroom Pizza
More Asian Inspired Keto Recipes
- Asian Grilled Chicken with Peanut Ginger Slaw
- Easy Stir Fry Pork
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Pork
- Asian Glazed Salmon
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground pork (or beef)
- 12 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup Liquid Aminos (or Coconut Aminos)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons Sambal (plain or garlic)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (white and green parts divided)
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and brown the pork.
- While the pork is browning, mix together your sauce: chicken stock, Liquid Aminos, Sambal, Sriracha and toasted sesame oil.
- Create a well in the center and add the ginger and garlic, cook another minute (careful not to burn the garlic, it will become bitter). Mix together and add in the white parts of the sliced green onions and cook for another minute.
- Add in the coleslaw mix and stir in the sauce mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on how soft or crunchy you want your cabbage. Top with the sesame seeds, a drizzle of Sriracha and green parts of the sliced green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!