Healthy tender salmon baked with a classic Asian sweet and spicy glaze, makes this Asian Glazed Salmon a flavorful, yet quick and easy low carb dinner!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Asian Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients Keto Asian Glazed Salmon
- 🔪 How to Make Asian Glazed Salmon
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 💡 Tips for Buying Salmon
- 🍴 What to Serve with Asian Salmon
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Is Salmon Keto?
- Should you wash salmon before cooking?
- What do you soak salmon in before cooking?
- What is the best method to cook salmon?
- 🍽️ More Keto Salmon Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Asian Glazed Salmon Recipe
- Healthy tender salmon
- Brushed with a classic Asian flavored sticky sweet glaze
- Baked in the oven until slightly caramelized
- Quick and easy Keto dinner, perfect for busy weeknights
If you've spent any time on this site, you'll know that I absolutely love salmon. I have so many salmon recipes, I have an entire Salmon category dedicated to it! But I have to say, this salmon recipe is in my top 3 of all time, it's just THAT good!
If you like salmon and Asian flavors, you are going to love this dish! I make a glaze out of very familiar flavors used in Asian cuisine and glaze these beautiful pieces of fresh salmon. They're baked at a high temperature and in about 15 minutes you'll have the most delicious, flavorful salmon ever!
If you need a Keto dinner that's perfect for busy weeknights, but flavorful enough to compare to something you'd order in a restaurant, this is it! If you enjoy these same classic Asian flavors, be sure to also try my Beef and Broccoli, Sticky Asian Chicken Wings or Chili Lime Shrimp.
🛒 Ingredients Keto Asian Glazed Salmon
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Asian Glazed Salmon
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Add the liquid aminos, sugar-free honey, Sambal, Sriracha, garlic, ginger and toasted sesame oil into a small mixing bowl.
Whisk until well combined and slightly thickened, then set aside.
Place the salmon on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup) and a wire rack that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray.
Brush a generous amount of the glaze over the tops and sides of each piece of salmon.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove it from the oven and brush the remaining glaze, then bake 2-4 minutes or until slightly caramelized and serve.
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftover salmon in an airtight container for 2 days in the fridge.
Can I Freeze Leftover Salmon?
You absolutely freeze leftover cooked salmon but there is a slightly different texture to reheated salmon. I conducted a blind taste test with frozen then reheated salmon beside freshly cooked. The flavors were still amazing but the freshly cooked salmon was a good bit flakier.
That should not encourage you to throw out your leftover salmon. You can use reheated salmon in salads, salmon cakes, or in salmon casseroles.
Just thaw the cooked salmon in its airtight container in the refrigerator or immersed in cold water.
💡 Tips for Buying Salmon
I don't know about you, but I am really picky when it comes to choosing salmon. There are few things you can do to ensure all your Keto recipes have the freshest and best flavor.
- Wild caught or farm raised, which is best? Wild caught basically means the fish are raised naturally in the ocean or fresh water, and feeds off things in nature. If you have access to buy wild-caught, it’s preferred over farm-raised. Farm raised salmon have come a long way over the past several years and is perfectly safe to eat, but it does have a less rich flavor as wild caught because it is raised in closed areas and fed pellets made from fish meal and grains.
- When purchasing fresh salmon, whole filet or portions, it is best to cook it on the same day for optimal freshness.
- Unless the recipe specifically says otherwise, leave the skin on. Salmon cooks quickly and the skin acts as a fatty barrier to help keep the fish moist.
- When you’re ready to cook the salmon, don’t season it too soon. This will draw out the moisture and leave you with dried out fish.
- Don’t overcook it, it will be rubbery and dry. Salmon cooks really fast so keep a watch on it. It’s done when it is just become flakey. The USDA does recommend an internal temp of at least 145°F to be considered safe to eat.
🍴 What to Serve with Asian Salmon
Any low carb veggie of you choice will pair well with this recipe. For inspirations, here are some of my favorite Keto side dishes that go great with this salmon:
- Bang Bang Coleslaw
- Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- Lime Cilantro Broccoli Slaw
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Though this is a salmon recipe, the truth is you can actually make this same recipe using just about any fish that you like. Just be sure to adjust cooking times, depending on the size and thickness of your fish.
- If you're not on Keto, you can use regular honey or Agave instead of the sugar-free honey.
- Sambal is one of the key ingredients in this glaze, so I don't recommend replacing it, but you could use a garlic flavored version if you'd like.
- Sriracha adds a little extra heat and flavor, but if you prefer to omit it, you certainly can and the glaze will still taste amazing.
- If you'd like to add a little lime zest and a small amount of juice in the glaze, it would really compliment the other ingredients nicely.
- I like to generally use salmon with the skin on, as it helps keep the salmon tender and juicy, but if you have skinless salmon, by all means, use it!
- The toasted sesame oil is another key ingredient, so if you don't have any on hand, it's worth getting. It adds a special flavor that you can't get with anything else, so don't skip it!
- You can garnish the salmon with chopped chives, scallions and/or sesame seeds for a finishing touch.
Is Salmon Keto?
It’s perfect for Keto! Honestly, salmon is perfect for any diet because not only is it an excellent source for omega-3 fatty acids, it’s also an excellent source for protein and potassium.
Just be cautious with the way you prepare it. Traditional marinades and sauces are usually loaded with hidden sugars. No need to worry about this low carb salmon recipe because it's sugar free.
Should you wash salmon before cooking?
Most definitely! You always want to wash any fish before preparing it to remove any potential bacteria, sand or dirt that might be present.
What do you soak salmon in before cooking?
This recipe doesn't require any marinating, however, you could actually use the glaze as a marinade if you'd like. Place the salmon skin side up in a shallow food storage container filled with the glaze and allow it to marinate for about an hour before baking. Be sure to brush the leftover marinade over the tops and sides, as the recipe states.
What is the best method to cook salmon?
Personally I like it seared in a skillet, but with this glaze, it's best roasted in the oven at the high temperature of 425°F. This allows the glaze to caramelize for maximum flavor and those wonderful crisp edges that are like candy!
🍽️ More Keto Salmon Recipes
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
- Baked Salmon in Foil
- Easy Skillet Salmon Piccata
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Cajun Salmon Alfredo
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Asian Glazed Salmon
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush a generous amount of the glaze over the tops and sides of each piece of salmon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove it from the oven and brush the remaining glaze, then bake 2-4 minutes or until slightly caramelized and serve.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Originally published on October 11, 2018, updated on January 30, 2024 with improvements to the recipe, photos, new recipe information and helpful tips.