This mouth-watering healthy Beef and Broccoli recipe is loaded with so much incredible flavor. It's a quick and easy one-dish meal that's sure to be a family favorite!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Keto Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Takeout made easy, right in your own home
- Rich bold flavors like the authentic version
- Easy to make using healthy ingredients
- Made in under 20 minutes
When you're looking for a quick and easy, yet hearty and satisfying meal, it just doesn't get any better than beef and broccoli stir fry.
Thinly sliced marinated strips of steak are sautéed until they have gorgeous color, then added to a homemade sugar free stir-fry sauce that would rival any Chinese take-out.
Broccoli is added for a bright pop of color as well as a ton of nutrients, making this a healthy and delicious meal served in just 20 minutes!
One of the great things about this recipe is that because it includes your meat and veggie all in one pan, you can serve this dish just as or over a bed of low carb cauliflower rice.
What’s in Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Flank steak
- Liquid aminos
- Beef broth
- Sugar-free Keto honey
- Olive oil
- Toasted sesame oil
- Optional: red pepper flakes and sesame seeds
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
How to Make Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Tip: Place the steak in the freezer for 10-15 minutes first, then it will be easier to get nice thin slices.
Slice the flank steak into thin slices, going against the grain.
Tip: Cutting steak against the grain makes it much more tender and not chewy.
Add the slices to a shallow bowl and drizzle in ¼ of the sauce mixture. Toss to evenly coat the meat, and allow to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
Wash, dry and cut the broccoli into bite size florets, then place them into a microwave safe bowl and steam for 4-5 minutes. Alternatively, you can boil it, making sure the broccoli is well drained.
Tip: Keep in mind that you want to cook the broccoli just until it's slightly tender but not mushy so that it holds together when you add it to other ingredients.
Heat a large skillet to medium-high, add in the olive oil and sauté the steak for about 2 minutes. Remove the steak and set it aside.
Tip: Since the steak will finish cooking in the sauce, be sure not to cook it too long at this step or it could become tough.
Add in the garlic and ginger, sauté for about 15 seconds, then add in sauce mixture.
Cook for a 1-2 minutes or until thickened, then add the (optional) red pepper flakes, beef and broccoli in the skillet and toss.
Continue cooking just until heated through.
Pour over cauliflower rice and serve with the (optional) sesame seeds on top.
If Beef and Broccoli Healthy?
The beef and broccoli part of the recipe is super healthy. Afterall, broccoli is a nutrient powerhouse for vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. And steak is always a great source of protein.
But unfortunately, most traditional beef and broccoli recipes use brown sugar or regular honey to give the sauce that stickiness and hint of sweetness you taste. All that added sugar isn't healthy and out of question for low carb or Keto diets.
But there's great news! Classic beef and broccoli recipe gets a low carb and healthy makeover by using a delicious honey substitute. It truly is perfect in this marinade recipe and so many other tasty recipes that typically call for honey. I used in is this Honey Mustard Sauce that has gotten rave reviews.
How Many Carbs Are in Beef and Broccoli?
For a hearty size portion of this beef and broccoli there are only 5 net carbs, most of which come from carbs that are naturally found in broccoli.
Is Soy Sauce Keto Friendly?
Soy sauce doesn’t have very many carbs and little to no sugar, so some people add it to their list of Keto-friendly condiments. But if you're following a Keto diet for inflammation, you'll want to avoid any soy products.
Flank Steak FAQs
What Cut of Meat is Used for Beef and Broccoli?
Flank steak is the best choice for making beef and broccoli because it really absorbs and soaks up all those wonderful flavors in the marinade. Plus, it’s a more budget-friendly cut of beef than others.
If you can’t find flank steak, you can use sirloin, skirt steak of even chuck roast.
How Do You Cook Broccoli Beef?
You want a quick sear on the beef, so searing them over a medium-high temp is best. Another key to cooking the best beef and broccoli is not to cook everything too long on the front end, because once the beef and the broccoli have been added back to the sauce, it will continue to cook.
Should I Cut the Steak Before or After Cooking?
I always recommend slicing it up first. The reason you want to cut the steak before cooking is, you want the marinade to really coat all sides of the slices of the steak. That's the key to giving the beef the incredible flavor you'd expect from a really good stir-fry recipe.
More Keto Asian Inspired Recipes
- Asian Grilled Chicken with Peanut Ginger Slaw
- Easy Stir Fry Pork
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Pork
- Asian Glazed Salmon
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Beef and Broccoli
- Take the flank steak and place it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, while you prepare the other ingredients. This will make it easier to cut the steak into nice thin slices.
- In a small mixing bowl, add in the liquid aminos, beef broth, sugar-free honey, toasted sesame oil and Sriracha, then whisk to combine and set aside.
- Slice the flank steak into thin slices, going against the grain.
- Add the slices to a shallow bowl and drizzle in ¼ of the sauce mixture. Toss to evenly coat the meat, and allow to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Wash, dry and cut the broccoli into bite size florets, then place in a microwave safe bowl and steam for 4-5 minutes. Alternatively, you can boil it, making sure the broccoli is well drained.
- Heat a large skillet to medium, add in the olive oil and sauté the steak for about 2 minutes. Remove the steak and set it aside. Add in the garlic and ginger, sauté for about 15 seconds, then add in sauce mixture.
- Cook for a 1-2 minutes or until thickened slightly, then add the (optional) red pepper flakes, beef and broccoli in the skillet and toss. Continue cooking just until heated through.
- Pour over cauliflower rice and serve with the (optional) sesame seeds on top.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.