A creamy and refreshing broccoli slaw mix balanced with perfect cilantro lime flavor, that’s low carb, healthy and easy to make!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Everyone lows a good coleslaw recipe because they’re so easy and take only 5 minutes to whip up!
This low carb broccoli slaw has a creamy dressing with a tiny kick of heat from the jalapeño pepper, a little crunch from the sliced toasted almonds, a freshness from the cilantro and a whole lotta lime!!
This Keto coleslaw is fantastic served with fish or shrimp low carb tacos served in lettuce cups or your favorite Keto cheese shells like in this Taco recipe. But it’s great all on it’s own too!
What’s in Keto Broccoli Slaw?
- Broccoli slaw mix
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Jalapeño pepper
- Sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Broccoli Slaw
Add the almond to a dry pan and toast on over low heat. Once they are slightly brown and fragrant, remove and set aside to cool.
Add all the remaining ingredients except for the broccoli slaw mix, to a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the dressing until well combined.
Add in the broccoli slaw mix and top with the toasted almonds.
Toss to combine and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. The longer it sits, the better it will taste!
Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days.
If you’ve never had jicama before, give this Broccoli Jicama Slaw a try!
I used the slaw in my fish tacos with Bang Bang Sauce for an extra special twist of flavor.
What are the Carbs in Coleslaw?
Traditional coleslaw recipes typically have a sugary dressing which really shoots the carb count up. This broccoli slaw mix only have 3 net carbs per serving, most all of which come naturally from the mix. Talk about the PERFECT Keto side dish!
Tips for Perfect Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
This recipe for Keto broccoli slaw is truly fail-proof, but there’re a few things that really make it the best.
Can I Add Sweetener to the Keto Coleslaw Dressing?
Can I Make Cilantro Lime Slaw in Advance?
For optimal flavor, it is best to make this recipe in advance. It’s best when made at least a hour before you’re ready to serve it. The flavors really come together and it allows the dressing to really soak in with the slaw mix.
If you’re looking for a short cut to making this slaw, you can always mix up the dressing a few hours in advance of needing it.
What Can I Use Instead of Broccoli Slaw Mix?
If your local grocery store is anything like most, it’s not uncommon for them to be out of certain things as times. If this is the case, you can certainly use regular coleslaw mix or even angel hair cabbage mix.
Can I Freeze This Broccoli Slaw?
It’s okay to freeze some coleslaw recipes that have more of a vinegar base, but this Keto coleslaw is mayo based and it just doesn’t freeze well. The taste may be effected and the mayo tends to segregate and pull away from the slaw mix.
But, when kept in air tight container, it will last up to about 5 days in the fridge.
What Do I Serve with Low Carb Broccoli Salad?
This broccoli coleslaw salad can be served with just about any of your favorite Keto main dishes. If you’re looking for some inspiration, check out some most popular choices:
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Fried Chicken Tenders
- Instant Pot Roasted Chicken
- Blackened Salmon
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Lime Cilantro Shrimp
More Low Carb and Keto Vegetable Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
- Easy Sautéed Mushrooms
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
- Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
Need even more ideas for Keto Side Dishes? Check out these 50 Best Keto Side Dish Recipes roundup!
Lime Cilantro Broccoli Slaw – Keto and Low Carb
- 12 ounces broccoli slaw mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper- seeded rib removed and minced
- 1 teaspoon scallions green parts, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 1/2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the almond to a dry pan and toast on over low heat. Once they are slightly brown and fragrant, remove and set aside to cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for the broccoli slaw mix, to a large mixing bowl.Mix the dressing until well combined.
- Add in the broccoli slaw mix and top with the toasted almonds. Toss to combine and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. The longer it sits, the better it will taste!Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-5 days.