All the flavors of a classic loaded baked potato blended with cauliflower and baked with cheddar cheese!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Fresh cauliflower along with many of the traditional toppings of a loaded baked potato transformed into a guiltless Keto side dish.
This loaded creamy cauliflower casserole is smooth with cheesy goodness and of course the bacon takes it to the next level! You really must make this, it will not disappoint!
Who doesn’t love a loaded baked potato? Even those that are not on Keto will enjoy these rich and savory flavors.
The saltiness of the bacon and the creaminess of the Mascarpone and cheddar truly make this the best Keto cauliflower recipe you’ll ever make. Yes, it’s THAT good!
Ingredients for Keto Cauliflower Casserole
- Cheddar cheese
- Mascarpone cheese
- Uncured bacon
- Sour cream
- Grass-fed butter
- Garlic salt
- Salt and Pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
Preheat oven to 450F.
Add the cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a paper plate and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes or until tender.
Drain well the cauliflower and pat it with paper towels pressing gently to dry. It’s important to make sure it’s dry so that it doesn’t get watery when you bake it.
Next, dump the cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor. Add in all the remaining ingredients except for the bacon and half the cheddar cheese.
Pulse the mixture until it’s all smooth and creamy.
Pour the mixture into a buttered baking dish that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray.
Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
Top with the crumbled bacon and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Is Cauliflower Keto?
Cauliflower is perfect for Keto. In fact, it’s commonly used for a substitution for potatoes and rice in many low carb recipes.
Not only is cauliflower low carb, it’s rich in fiber and nutrients like vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin K. If you’d like to read more about the health benefits of cauliflower, check out this article.
Tips for Making Healthy Cauliflower Casserole
- While using a head of cauliflower is fine, buying prepackaged florets can save you time and a little clean up.
- Because you want a thick consistency, using frozen cauliflower for this cauliflower casserole is not recommended, due to its moisture content.
- If you can’t find Mascarpone, you can always use cream cheese. It’ll change the macros because cream cheese has more carbs, so make sure you take that into account.
- You can change up the flavors of this casserole by swapping the cheddar for pepper jack or colby or any of your favorite melting cheese.
- If you have the extra time, roasting the cauliflower florets adds even more flavor.
- If you love extra spice, add you can add chopped fresh or pickled jalapenos.
- You can add leftover chopped chicken or ham for a complete meal.
More Keto Casserole Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Easy Taco Casserole
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Easy Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole
More Recipes with Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower Ham and Cheese Casserole
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Smoked Sausage and Cauliflower Soup
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole – Keto and Low Carb
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 slices of uncured bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Add the cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a paper plate and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and pat with paper towels pressing gently to dry. It’s important to make sure it’s dry so that it doesn’t get watery when you bake it.
- Add to the bowl of a food processor. Add in all the remaining ingredients except for the bacon and half the cheddar cheese. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a butter baking dish that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden. Top with the crumbled bacon and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.