Sausage, peppers and cream cheese make this Keto breakfast casserole a wonderful treat and great for your next meal prep!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
Looking for a quick and easy way to meal prep your breakfast for the week? This casserole is so simple to put together and you can eat it throughout the week or freeze leftovers.
What I love about this casserole is it uses ingredients that you might have leftover from the night before. I used Italian sausage that I had leftover from making my Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Pie last night and added a few more ingredients that I had on hand.
You can use just about anything in this casserole like mushrooms, spinach, chorizo, ham or bacon. The possibilities are endless! Feel free to change things up and use what you have, just be sure to adjust the macros accordingly.
What's in Sausage & Pepper Breakfast Casserole
- Italian sausage
- Cheddar cheese
- Roasted red pepper
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Garlic salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Dried parsley
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Breakfast Casserole
Preheat oven to 350F.
Add the eggs, spices and heavy cream to a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
Pour half of the egg mixture into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
Sprinkle the sausage, peppers, onions and half of the cheddar cheese over the eggs.
Add the cream cheese in little dollops.
Add the remaining egg mixture and sprinkle the rest of the cheddar over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs have set.
Allow to cool before cutting into. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a few days
Keto Breakfast Casserole FAQs
Can I freeze leftover Keto breakfast casserole? This recipes freezes beautifully. Just portion it out and place it in individual freezer safe containers. When you're ready to serve, thaw in the fridge over night, then reheat in the oven on 350F or you can even reheat it in the microwave.
Do I have to precook the meat before adding it to this low carb casserole? It is recommended that you use precooked meat in this recipe because the eggs cook rather quickly in the oven which would not allow enough time for your meat to properly cook.
Can I add more vegetables to this casserole? This is a very versatile Keto casserole recipe. You can add most any low moisture vegetable you'd like. Great choices would be mushrooms, fresh spinach, blanched kale, or any peppers you prefer.
Can I make up this breakfast casserole the night before? You have a couple of choices here. You can cook the sausage, chop the peppers and shred the cheese the night before, then the next morning just mix up the eggs and spices and bake. Or, because this casserole is excellent for reheating, you can cook the casserole the night before then reheat it in serving sizes.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Eggs Benedict
- Blueberry Muffins
- Bacon Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Fluffy Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
Check out another great Sausage Egg Casserole!
More Low Carb Casseroles
- Chicken Parmesan Casseroles
- Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken Florentine Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Casserole
- 10 whole eggs
- 12 ounces Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup onions, minced and sautéed
- ½ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add the eggs, spices and heavy cream to a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour half of the egg mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Sprinkle the sausage, peppers, onions and half of the cheddar cheese over the eggs. Add the cream cheese in little dollops. Add the remaining egg mixture and sprinkle the rest of the cheddar over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs have set. Allow to cool before cutting into. Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freezer.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
Thank you for 'doing the math' for us! We appreciate all the information you have available right there. MATTHEW 7:7 😉
Keto Cooking Christian
You're so welcome!
What size dish
Keto Cooking Christian
9 x 13 pan will work great!
How many servings does the sausage and pepper breakfast casserole make?
Keto Cooking Christian
There are 8 servings in this recipe.