Fresh broccoli and shredded chicken baked in cheese, has lots of great flavor and healthy fats! Easy to make, perfect for a week night low carb dinner!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
This casserole is such an easy and delicious low carb dinner! Tender broccoli florets, succulent chicken breast with creamy Mascarpone and cheddar round off into a Keto broccoli casserole recipe that you'll want to keep handy.
What's really great about low carb chicken casseroles is they don't take much time at all to prepare, and often make a fair amount of servings which is great for leftovers!
If you struggle with meal prepping, well, this casserole has you covered!
It's also a great dinner to make last minute, if you're short on time. It takes just a few minutes to put together, then you just stick it in the oven and bake!
You'll have a hearty meal that really hits the spot and makes great low carb comfort food any night of the week!
What's in Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken breast
- Broccoli florets
- Mozzarella cheese
- Heavy cream
- Mascarpone cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
Preheat oven to 375F.
Add the cubes of parmesan to into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely grated.
Add all the remaining ingredients except the chicken, broccoli and mozzarella cheese and mix until well combined and thickened, to make the sauce.
In a separate bowl, add in the chicken, broccoli and mozzarella cheese (reserving 1 cup for the topping).
Spoon the sauce over the top and mix until everything is well coated.
The sauce will be very thick, so you might think you won't have enough liquid, but trust me it's plenty! Transfer to a greased 9 X 12 casserole dish. Add the reserved cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the cheese is golden.
Allow to cool slightly before cutting into and serving.
Tips for Low Carb Chicken Casserole
After a long day, most everyone struggles to find a quick and healthy weeknight meal the whole family will love. This Keto broccoli and chicken casserole is already quick and easy but here are some more time saving tips to make it even quicker:
- You can use rotisserie chicken and shred it. Be sure to check out the ingredients on the label because some brands have added sugars and preservatives that those on Keto will want to avoid.
- Though fresh is preferred, you can use frozen raw broccoli in this casserole. Don't cook it beforehand, just mix it in frozen with the other ingredients before baking.
- Another broccoli tip is, instead of chopping a head of broccoli up into florets, you can buy a package of fresh pre-cut florets
- It's recommended that you shred your own cheese because pre-shredded cheese has anti-caking ingredients. But let's face it, sometimes you just don't have the time, so feel free to use pre-shredded. It won't change the flavor one bit.
Is Broccoli Keto?
Absolutely! Broccoli is a cruciferous veggie, so it’s very nutrient-dense and high in fiber. And, the great news its low in carbs. For one whole cup there's 6 grabs of carbs with almost half of that being fiber, making the net carbs approximately 3.5 per cup. If you're interested in learning more about the health benefits of broccoli, check out this article.
Another wonderful aspect about broccoli on Keto is that there're so may ways to add healthy fats to it. Whether it's in a creamy low carb side dish or steamed with grass-fed butter, or even in a casserole like this Keto chicken casserole that has both yummy cheeses and heavy cream, the possibilities are endless. It's truly the quintessential Keto veggie!
More Keto Broccoli Recipes
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Lime Cilantro Broccoli Slaw
- Easy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Easy Stir Fry Pork with Broccoli
More Great Keto Casseroles
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Easy Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Casserole
- Chicken Florentine Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Keto Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add the cubes of parmesan to into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely grated.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the chicken, broccoli and mozzarella cheese and mix until well combined and thickened, to make the sauce.
- In a separate bowl, add in the chicken, broccoli and mozzarella cheese (reserving 1 cup for the topping).
- Spoon the sauce over the top and mix until everything is well coated. The sauce will be very thick, so you might think you won't have enough liquid, but trust me it's plenty!
- Transfer to a greased casserole dish and add the reserved cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the cheese is golden. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into and serving.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.