Classic Broccoli Salad with chunks of crispy bacon, sweet red onion and toasted pine nuts tossed in a flavorful dressing makes one super tasty Keto salad!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You'll Love this Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 🛒 What's in Keto Broccoli Salad
- How to Make Keto Broccoli Salad
- Substitutions When Making Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Is Broccoli Good on Keto Diet?
- What Makes Broccoli So Nutritious?
- Are there Carbs in Broccoli?
- Does Broccoli Salad Have Carbs?
- More Keto Salad Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love this Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Crunchy and refreshing
- Crispy bacon gives it great texture and flavor
- Perfect side to take to a potluck or BBQ
- Healthy ingredients
- Family friendly
This easy low carb side dish recipe comes together in under 10 minutes. You can make it and head over to your party or potluck lunch!
Broccoli salad is great for a last minute side dish, but if you're able to make it in advance, that's great because the longer it sits, the more flavor it has! So not only is it a convenient, make-ahead, easy, low carb salad, it's also a keto recipe that everyone will rave about!
Broccoli salad is a very popular dish. It is so colorful and nutritious and it brings A LOT of flavor to the table along side any main course.
With these simple ingredients and just a few minutes to follow these easy instructions, your Keto Broccoli Salad will be a hit with all your family and friends.
🛒 What's in Keto Broccoli Salad
- Broccoli florets
- Uncured bacon
- Pine Nuts
- Sour cream
- Apple cider vinegar
- Red onion
- Swerve Confectioners
- Salt & pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
How to Make Keto Broccoli Salad
What better way to start this recipe than with BACON! Fry the bacon in a skillet, then crumble it into small bits and set aside.
If you love bacon as much as I do, then fry a little extra to add to the top when you're finished making it.
Tip: Alternatively, you can cut the bacon into small pieces first, then fry it up.
Tip: If you don't have apple cider vinegar, you can use white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar instead.
Once all the wet ingredients have been combined, you'll add the broccoli, bacon, pine nuts and red onion and toss well to coat.
Your Keto broccoli salad needs to sit for 20-30 minutes so the flavors can develop and the broccoli can absorb the dressing. The longer it sits, the better it is!
Add extra chopped bacon to the top before serving and there you have it-the perfect Keto side dish for any occasion!
Substitutions When Making Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- You can substitute the pine nuts with sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, pecans or slivered almonds.
- Most grocery stores sell pre-cut broccoli florets in the produce section. If you're in a hurry, this could have you a little time.
- Plain Greek yogurt can be used in the place of the sour cream. Just be sure to adjust accordingly for the additional carbs.
- This recipe calls for raw broccoli, and honestly, that little bit of crunch is one of the things that makes this low carb salad so great. But, if you prefer, you can blanch your broccoli for 1-2 minutes to make it slightly softer in texture.
- You can substitute the apple cider vinegar with white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar or any of your favorites.
It's actually made very much the same way as this broccoli salad, with the addition of cauliflower and cheese.
Is Broccoli Good on Keto Diet?
Absolutely! In addition to being so nutritious, it's also low in carbs at roughly 4 net carbs for 1 cup of broccoli.
What Makes Broccoli So Nutritious?
- Broccoli provides an excellent source of vitamin C, a nutrient known to support a healthy immune system. It also contains vitamin A, K, manganese, potassium, and B vitamins.
- As one of the vegetables that has the highest levels in antioxidants, broccoli can assist in fighting off inflammation.
- Because it is loaded with fiber, broccoli helps in lowering cholesterol and aids in better gut health and digestion.
- To read a list of the other many vitamins broccoli contains, check out this article.
Are there Carbs in Broccoli?
Many people that follow Keto or a low carb diet want to know the amount of carbs in broccoli. One great thing about broccoli is there are only 4 net grams of carbohydrates in two stalks.
Because it is a cruciferous vegetable, the glycemic effect, after eating broccoli, is very low. This means it doesn't raise your blood sugar like starchy vegetables. And since most of the carbohydrates found in broccoli come from fiber, that makes this an excellent, healthy choice to add to your plate.
This Keto broccoli salad is a prefect meal prep idea. For additional meal recipes and ideas, check out this article.
Does Broccoli Salad Have Carbs?
The traditional version typically has raisins, which are too high in sugar and carbs for a Keto diet. However, this Keto Broccoli Salad recipe has only 2 net carbs per serving, making it perfect for Keto!
More Keto Salad Recipes
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Greek Salad with Dressing
- Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
- Classic Cobb Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Egg Salad
- Zucchini Noodle "Pasta" Salad
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then crumble into small bits and set aside.
- Add in the broccoli, bacon, pine nuts and red onion over the dressing and toss to coat.
- Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes so the flavors can develop and the broccoli can absorb the dressing. The longer it sits, the better it is!
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.