Making homemade mayonnaise has never been easier. With this simple and fail-proof recipe, you’ll never buy store bought mayo again! It’s just that good!!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Making your own Keto friendly mayonnaise couldn’t be easier and it takes under 2 minutes to whip up! I use light olive oil in this recipe, because of the mild flavor, but you can use any Keto friendly oil of your choice.
For those that are on Keto or a low carb diet, reading labels is nothing new. So trying to find a “clean” mayo in stores may be a struggle. Well, struggle no more! This recipe for homemade mayonnaise is not just easy to make, it taste so much better than anything you can buy.
Homemade mayonnaise on Keto is a great way to get your healthy fats without the worry of preservatives you find in store bought brands. If you’ll give this Keto mayonnaise recipe a try, you will never use anything else!
Ingredients for Homemade Keto Mayonnaise
How to Make Your Own Homemade Keto Mayonnaise
For making homemade low carb mayo, you’ll start by adding fresh eggs along with all the other ingredients to the tall cup that comes with an immersion blender.
With the regular blade attached, place the blender on the bottom and pulse until you see it start to thicken.
Then, with the blender still running, gently raise it up and down to thoroughly mix the mayo until well emulsified.
After it has reached the consistency you prefer, taste it to see if you want more salt. If so, add a little in small increments until you get the desired amount that taste right to you.
Place in a glass jar or other sealed container and store in the fridge for up to a week.
If you’re at all concerned about using raw eggs, you can use pasteurized eggs. While the risk of illness from eating raw eggs is low, children, the elderly, pregnant women and anyone who has a weakened immune system should avoid eating raw eggs, so please use pasteurized instead.
Substitutions to Consider
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a hand mixer, food processor or a whisk instead. Just be sure to slowly stream the oil in as you are mixing.
- You can also use avocado oil instead of light oil, but I would recommend a non-extra virgin avocado oil, otherwise your mayonnaise will turn a pale green color.
- If you don’t have fresh lemon juice, you can use all white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead.
Low Carb Dishes Using Homemade Mayo Recipe
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Easy Cole Slaw
- Spinach Artichoke Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Egg Salad
- Easy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Are There Carbs in Mayonnaise?
There’s only a trace amount of carbs per serving in this homemade Keto mayo. Store bought brands usually have additional carbs from added sugar. Just another great reason to make your own!
Is Mayo Keto Friendly?
Absolutely! In fact, mayonnaise is the top condiment on Keto and low carb diets. And, because it has almost no carbs and is high in fat, it makes an excellent choice for many keto recipes.
Variations of Homemade Mayonnaise to Make
This low carb mayonnaise recipe is so versatile. It’s literally the perfect base for any flavor you like. The possibilities are endless. Here are some popular ingredients to consider adding to your next batch. Try them alone or in any combination you’d like.
- Lemon or lime zest
- Herbs such as: Basil, Oregano, Dill, Tarragon, Parsley
- Roasted garlic
- Chipotle Chile in adobo
- Sriracha sauce
- Wasabi (a little goes a long way)
- Sundried tomatoes
- Curry powder
Must Try Keto Dressings and Sauces Using Homemade Mayonnaise
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Creamy Dill Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Ranch Dressing & Dip
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Zucchini Fries Dipping Sauce
- Bacon Ranch Dressing & Dip
- Avocado Fries Dipping Sauce
- Creamy Garlic Italian Dressing
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing & Dip
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Ranch Dressing
Easy Homemade Mayonnaise – Keto and Low Carb
- 1 cup light olive oil see notes
- 1 whole egg at room temperature (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt or to taste
- Add all the ingredients to the tall cup that comes with an immersion blender, regular blade attached. Place the blender on the bottom and pulse until you see it start to thicken.
- Then, with the blender still running, gently raise it up and down to thoroughly mix the mayo until well emulsified. Taste to see if you want more salt, if so, add desired amount.
- Store in the fridge for about a week.