This classic Keto Blue Cheese Dressing is thick, rich, creamy and perfect over salads, in casseroles or as a dipping sauce. Made in just 5 minutes with a handful of ingredients, you'll never want store bought again!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for the Best Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
- 🔪 How to Make Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- ☑️ Storage Instructions for Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing
- 💡 Tips
- 🍴 Ways to Use Blue Cheese Dressing
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Is Blue Cheese Dressing Just Ranch with Blue Cheese?
- Why Does My Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing Get Watery?
- Is Blue Cheese OK on Keto Diet?
- Is Store Bought Blue Cheese Dressing Keto?
- How Many Carbs Are in Blue Cheese Salad Dressing?
- Is Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing Better for Keto?
- 🍽️ More Keto Salad Dressing Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- Thick and rich classic blue cheese dressing
- Creamy texture with blue cheese crumbles
- Quick and easy to make in just 5 minutes
- Use over salads, in casseroles or as a dipping sauce
- Keto friendly, low carb and sugar-free
This dressing is so easy to make and only takes a few minutes to mix up. I use one whole cup of blue cheese in this dressing, giving it a rich and classic blue cheese dressing flavor and even leave some crumbles in for a traditional chunky texture.
While there are so many great dressings on the market that are Keto friendly and low carb, with a handful of ingredients, you can make your own! It's so easy to make yourself, there's really no need to purchase it in the store.
My favorite way to serve it is over a wedge of iceberg, but you can use however you like. Once you've had this homemade version, you'll find yourself making it again and again. And if you have leftovers, not to worry because I've listed some creative ways to use blue cheese dressing down below.
🛒 Ingredients for the Best Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
- Sour cream
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Heavy cream
- Lemon juice
- White wine vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Put all the ingredients except for the ⅓ cup of the blue cheese in the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse until well combined.
Add in the remaining ⅓ cup of the blue cheese, and mix just until combined.
It should be thick in consistency, with some visible chunks.
Serve the blue cheese dressing with an iceberg wedge or other salad of your choice.
☑️ Storage Instructions for Low Carb Blue Cheese Dressing
Store blue cheese dressing in an airtight jar for up to a week in the fridge.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can just whisk the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- I do not recommend freezing leftover blue cheese dressing, the texture will become unpleasant and will likely not be able to be salvaged.
🍴 Ways to Use Blue Cheese Dressing
While blue cheese dressing is certainly intended to be used as a salad dressing, there are many other ways to use this flavorful condiment. Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Salads: A classic Wedge Salad or Buffalo Chicken Salad are the most popular options, but other salads like this 7 Layer Salad, Cobb Salad or Crispy Chicken Salad will also work well with blue cheese dressing.
- Buffalo Flavored Recipes: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese and Buffalo Chicken Dip all use blue cheese dressing.
- Dipping Sauce: Blue cheese dressing is the quintessential dipping sauce for Buffalo Chicken Wings. But it also works great for dipping Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Chicken Tenders, Ranch Baked Chicken Wings, Zucchini Fries and Chicken Patties.
- Burgers and Steaks: Add a healthy dollop over these Smash Burgers, Air Fryer Steak Bites, Cast Iron Steak,
- Veggies: Drizzle some over veggies like Air Fryer Cauliflower, Oven Roasted Veggies, Cauliflower Steaks, Air Fryer Zucchini and to give them a punch of flavor.
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- If you don't have sour cream, you can use Greek yogurt instead.
- Garlic powder can be substituted for the fresh garlic, use about 1 teaspoon.
- If you don't have white wine vinegar, you can use apple cider vinegar.
- Gorgonzola can be used instead of blue cheese crumbles.
- If you don't have heavy cream, you can use some unsweetened almond milk instead.
Is Blue Cheese Dressing Just Ranch with Blue Cheese?
Actually no, most of the ingredients in this blue cheese dressing differ greatly from the ingredients in ranch dressing, with the except of the creamy elements. The seasonings are completely different, resulting in two very different dressings all together.
Why Does My Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing Get Watery?
This dressing is meant to be thick and fairly chunky, with the addition of blue cheese crumbles. Mayonnaise and sour cream help to further thicken the dressing, and the only ingredients that are on the thinner side, are the white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Using too much of either can contribute to a watery dressing.
Is Blue Cheese OK on Keto Diet?
Absolutely, blue cheese on it's own or even in a dressing are perfectly fine for Keto!
Is Store Bought Blue Cheese Dressing Keto?
This homemade Keto Blue Cheese Dressing has only 2 carbs per serving, which isn't too shabby!
Is Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing Better for Keto?
Since both dressings, in their homemade Keto friendly versions, contain no sugar and very few carbs, both are perfectly acceptable to enjoy on a Keto diet. Even most store bought versions are for the most part, ok for Keto.
🍽️ More Keto Salad Dressing Recipes
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Ranch
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Creamy Balsamic
- Thousand Island
- Chipotle Ranch
- Creamy Garlic Italian
- Classic Ranch
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
- Put all the ingredients except for the ⅓ cup of the blue cheese, in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well combined. Mix in the remaining ⅓ cup of the blue cheese, just until combined. That's it!
- Serve with an iceberg wedge or other salad of your choice.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Originally published on December 26, 2018, updated on November 21, 2023 with new photos and helpful tips.