These Air Fryer Steak Bites are tender, juicy, and buttery perfection in every single bite! Made in under 15 minutes, they're perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
- Tender juicy bites of perfectly seasoned steak
- Made super quick and easy in the air fryer
- Tossed in a flavorful garlic butter
- Perfect for busy weeknights
These mouth-watering air fryer steak bites are incredibly flavorful and juicy, with a perfect balance of savory beefiness and buttery richness. They're a versatile dish that you can serve as a hearty appetizer or as a main course. You can even add them to your favorite salad for extra protein.
One thing you're going to love about this recipe is the hassle-free cooking method. Bite-sized chunks of seasoned steak are cooked quickly in the air fryer. This gives them a slightly crispy outside while locking in all their juicy goodness. Once cooked to perfection, the steak bites are tossed in garlic herb butter that sends the flavors over the top.
Recipes like this make it hard to believe that eating healthy and low-carb can be so easy and delicious, but it is! If you have steak lovers in your life, you should also try these cast iron Garlic Butter Steak Bites and this Air Fryer Steak recipe.
🛒 What’s in Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Smoked paprika
- Onion powder
- Ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Steak Bites
Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes while you prepare the steak.
Slice the steak into bite size pieces, then add them to a mixing bowl and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the garlic salt, smoked paprika, onion powder and ground black pepper.
Sprinkle the spice mixture over the steak bites and toss to combine, making sure all the pieces are coated.
Place them in your air fryer.
Tip: If using an air fryer oven like I did, place the rack on the top slot. Space them out, making sure air can circulate around them.
Air fry for 4-8 minutes, depending on the level of doneness you prefer and test them using a meat thermometer. See the temperatures chart in the post.
Tip: Cooking times will also vary depending on how large or small your chunks of steak are cut.
While the steak bites are cooking, add the hot melted butter, garlic, red pepper flakes and parsley to a small mixing bowl.
Whisk to combine.
As soon as the steak bites are cooked, pour them into a bowl and pour the garlic butter sauce over the top and toss to combine, then serve.
What Sides Go with Steak Bites?
When serving these steak bites as an entree, treat them the same way you would a whole steak. Here are some wonderful Keto side dishes that pair perfectly with steak:
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Grilled Broccolini
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
Steak Cooking Temperatures/Degrees of Doneness
- Rare (cool red center): 120-130°F
- Medium Rare (warm red center): 130-135°F
- Medium (warm pink center): 135-145°F
- Medium Well (slightly pink center): 145-155°F
- Well Done (no pink): 155-165°F
I always recommend using a meat thermometer to be sure your steak reaches the perfect temperature.
Should I Marinate Steak Bites Before Cooking?
Because steak bites are so small, allowing the seasoning to coat all sides, marinating them is not required. It is optional though. If you have an extra hour or so, you can also add them to the marinade and stick them in the fridge.
Tops Tips for the Best Steak Bites
- Always start with a preheated air fryer: It is very important to start cooking the steak at the correct temperature. This ensures that they cook evenly and get a nice crispy exterior.
- Avoid overcrowding: You want to make that you always leave some room between the steak bites so that the air can flow freely around them. If you overcrowd the basket, it can cause them to lose the seared flavor.
- When in doubt, use a meat thermometer: Steak bites cook quickly, But, if you want them to be more on the well-done side, you may want to check to see if they are cooked to the right temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Let them rest before serving: Once you have taken the steak bites out of the air fryer, let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows time for the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
What Cut of Steak Makes the Best Steak Bites
For tender steak bites, ribeye, sirloin, or New York strip are always a good choice, so go with whichever one is on sale at the grocery store. Avoid cuts of beef like flank or skirt steak. They are too fibrous and are not tender enough for these steak bites.
Can You Cook Raw Steak in an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is designed to cook raw meat, steak included. The air fryer will cook steak quickly and evenly. It's also a healthier alternative to deep-frying because you don’t have to use a lot of unhealthy oil.
Do You Need to Flip Steak in Air Fryer?
This is really going to depend on the type of air fryer that you are using. If you are using the oven type with the racks, then flipping is not typically needed. But if you use the basket type, then you might consider flipping.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I used my Power Air Fryer Oven (with the racks) to make mine, but you can use any air fryer you have. What I love about the Air Fryer Oven is that you never have to flip anything you bake, because the air circulates around everything perfectly!
It has 3 racks that will fit a good amount of food on them! But it also comes with skewers, fry basket (great for nuts) and a rotisserie rack that rotates!
I also use these silicone mitts for removing the racks while they're hot. They're nice and slim, so you can easily fit your hand in there to retrieve the racks. I absolutely love them!
If you have another type of air fryer, you can certainly use what you have. Just be sure to follow the instructions per the manufacturer and the cooking temp/time should be the same.
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Pork Tenderloin
- Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Wings
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Air Fryer Steak Bites
For the Steak
- 1 pound steak, (Ribeye or NY Strip)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and hot
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes while you prepare the steak.
- Slice the steak into bite size pieces, then add them to a mixing bowl and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the garlic salt, smoked paprika, onion powder and ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the steak bites and toss to combine, making sure all the pieces are coated.
- Place them in your air fryer, if using an air fryer oven like I did, place the rack on the top slot. Space them out, making sure air can circulate around them.
- Air fry for 4-8 minutes, depending on the level of doneness you prefer and test them using a meat thermometer. See the temperatures chart in the post. Cooking times will also vary depending on how large or small your chunks of steak are cut.
- While the steak bites are cooking, add the hot melted butter, garlic, red pepper flakes and parsley to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- As soon as the steak bites are cooked, pour them into a bowl and pour the garlic butter sauce over the top and toss to combine, then serve.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
Leave a Comment or Review