Zucchini fries baked in an Air Fryer are a healthy low carb alternative to french fries, served with a zesty dipping sauce!
These Keto zucchini fries are made in an air fryer oven, but you can either bake them in a conventional oven. This is one easy low carb and Keto appetizer your whole family will love!
They taste great with a low carb and sugar free sauce used for dipping, which makes it hard to stop eating them! And trust me when I tell you that this sauce is amazing! It has such great flavor, you will want to use it with other dishes!
You could also dip raw broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber or celery in it. Or if you want a healthy meal for the kids, try it with these delicious Chicken Tenders!
What's in Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Almond flour
- Ground pork rinds or pork panko
- Mayonnaise (see recipe)
- Sugar Free Ketchup
- Garlic salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Salt
- Dried parsley
- Dried basil
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Zucchini Fries
If you are baking them in the air fryer, set it 400, if you are baking them in a conventional oven, preheat to 425F.
Next, you'll want to set up your breading station. Mix all the almond flour, cheese, pork rinds, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and basil together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together until they are well combined.
After you have cut the zucchini into fry size pieces, dip them into the egg, then into the breading mixture (lightly, do not press into the mixture). Shake off any excess breading and place on a baking rack (or a parchment or Silpat lined baking pan) sprayed with olive oil spray.
Once all the zucchini have been breaded and are on the baking racks, spray the tops with olive oil spray, place then in the air fryer and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Rotate/swap the pans half way through cooking. Use the same method if baking them in the oven.
While the zucchini fries are baking, let's prepare the dipping sauce. This Keto sauce could not be easier to make! Just mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until combined and set aside.
Allow the zucchini fries to cool slightly before serving and enjoy!
Can I Reheat Leftover Zucchini Fries?
There's no question these low carb zucchini fries are best right after being cooked. That's when you'll get optimal crispiness. However, leftovers can be reheated and they taste delicious, even in the texture isn't the same.
To reheat, just place them back in the air fryer for just a couple of minutes until they have heated through.
Tips for Crispy Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
The gluten free breading in this zucchini fry recipe will crisp up really well but here are a few tips to help make sure you get that exterior crispiness you're looking for.
- Smaller zucchini will have less water content. When selecting the ones you'll use, look for the younger, smaller zucchini.
- The smaller the fry, the more breading surface. Large zucchini fries will tend to get a little soggy, so when you cut them up, make sure they are no larger than a traditional steak fry.
- Don't pre-season the fries. Salt will begin to draw moisture out of the zucchini and it will make them more soggy when cooked.
- If you choose to cook them in the oven, place them on the next to top rack position in the oven and watch them closely, turning them half way through baking time.
- You can also pan fry these zucchini fries. If you opt for this method, use a high smoke point oil, like avocado oil, to ensure they do not take on a burned flavor.
Are Zucchini Keto?
Zucchini are very Keto friendly. They're really low in carbs as well as very nutritious! They're an excellent source of manganese, vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, folate and potassium.
These vitamins are minerals are linked to many health benefits that you can read about in this article.
What are the Carbs in Zucchini?
Zucchini on Keto is a great choice. For an entire medium sized zucchini there are only about 3 net carbs! This makes zucchini a great low carb vegetable to incorporate into your Keto weekly meal planning.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I used my Power Air Fryer Oven (with the racks) to make mine, but you can use any air fryer you have. What I love about the Air Fryer Oven is that you never have to flip anything you bake, because the air circulates around everything perfectly!
It has 3 racks that will fit a good amount of food on them! But it also comes with skewers, fry basket (great for nuts) and a rotisserie rack that rotates!
I also use these silicone mitts for removing the racks while they're hot. They're nice and slim, so you can easily fit your hand in there to retrieve the racks. I absolutely love them!
If you have another type of air fryer, you can certainly use what you have. Just be sure to follow the instructions per the manufacturer and the cooking temp/time should be the same.
Air fryers are so convenient to use and really crisp up food beautifully. It really makes delicious Keto Air Fryer Shrimp!
Best Low Carb Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Zoodle "Pasta" Salad
- Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo over Zoodles
More Low Carb and Keto Appetizers
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
- Parmesan Baked Artichoke Hearts
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Dip
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Avocado Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries - Keto
For the Zucchini Fries:
- If you are baking them in the air fryer oven, If you are baking them in a conventional oven, preheat to 400F.
- Set up your breading station. Mix all the almond flour, cheese, pork rinds, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and basil together in a bowl. Beat eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Once all the zucchini have been breaded and are on the baking racks, spray the tops with olive oil spray and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate/swap the pans half way through cooking.
- While the zucchini fries are baking, prepare the dipping sauce. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until combined and set aside.
- Allow the zucchini fries to cool slightly before serving and enjoy!
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.