Tender artichoke hearts baked with a flavorful parmesan cheese, lemon and garlic topping!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
One of my favorite dishes is Clams Oreganata, which was the inspiration for this recipe. I make a simple, but very flavorful topping of parmesan cheese, fresh lemon zest and juice, minced garlic with a drizzle of olive oil.
These tender and flavorful juicy bites of artichoke are so delicious! They are truly little culinary gems.
This is such a great Keto side dish to make and serve along side just about any protein!
Low carb Baked Parmesan Artichoke Hearts are sure to impress anyone you serve them to! They’re so quick and easy to make but they look like you ordered them from a 5-star restaurant!
What’s in Parmesan Baked Artichoke Hearts?
- Canned Artichoke hearts
- Super fine almond flour
- Garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Parmesan Baked Artichoke Hearts
Preheat oven to 400F and place a rack in the upper 2/3 slot of your oven.
Rinse the artichoke hearts well, cut each in half, giving you about 38 halves. Dry the artichoke hearts on paper towels, cut side down, while you mix the topping.
Mix the almond flour, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, lemon juice and zest in a bowl.
Spoon the mixture over the tops of each artichoke heart.
Drizzle olive oil over the tops and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, increase the temperature to 425F and drizzle more olive oil over the top. Then bake for another 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
Allow to cool slightly before serving with a squeeze of fresh lemon over the tops.
Tips for Keto Artichoke Hearts
- When you’re preparing these to bake, really work in the garlic, parmesan mixture to the folds in the artichoke. It will hold on to it better while baking.
- Please use a good quality olive oil when baking this recipe. The olive oil acts almost as a dressing for these artichokes so you’ll want the nice flavor of a quality oil.
- Though not traditional, a lot of people love to melt mozzarella over the tops of them right before removing from the oven. I’ve never done this before but it sounds delicious, so I’ll try that with my next batch.
- Even though these artichokes heart are perfect served just they way they are as a Keto side dish, you can also serve them as an appetizer with you favorite low carb dipping sauce or dressing. Try this Creamy Garlic Italian Dressing or this Homemade Caesar Dressing with them.
Note: The 16 ounces of artichoke hearts does not include the liquid that comes in the jar/can. I was able to get 38 artichoke halves from the 26 ounce jar of artichoke hearts I used. The size of the artichoke hearts could vary by package/manufacturer.
What are the Carbs in Artichoke?
If you’re wondering if artichokes are Keto, they certainly are! With only approximately 5 grams of carbs per 1/2 cup serving, artichokes make a excellent choice for low carb veggies.
More Low Carb and Keto Side Dishes
- Easy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Cauliflower Mushroom “Risotto”
- Easy Cole Slaw
- Easy Creamy Spinach
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
Parmesan Baked Artichoke Hearts – Keto and Low Carb
- Preheat oven to 400F and place a rack in the upper 2/3 slot of your oven.
- Rinse the artichoke hearts well, cut each in half, giving you about 38 halves.Dry the artichoke hearts on paper towels, cut side down, while you mix the topping.
- Mix the almond flour, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, lemon juice and zest in a bowl. Place the artichoke hearts in a 9″ x 9″ glass or ceramic baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, cut side up.
- Spoon the mixture over the tops of each artichoke heart.Drizzle olive oil over the tops and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, increase the temperature to 425F and drizzle more olive oil over the top. Then bake for another 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with a squeeze of fresh lemon over the tops.