Need a low carb side dish to serve at your next barbecue? Cauliflower replaces potatoes in this blend of egg and potato salad... Keto Style!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Take two of your favorite barbecue sides- potato salad and egg salad and combine them with a Keto/Low Carb twist by using cauliflower.
This Keto side comes together in under 15 minutes and it can even be made ahead. In fact, the longer it sits in the fridge, the better it will taste!
This is a great low carb side dish to bring to a barbecue or potluck lunch! You'll be very pleasantly surprised at just how much this really tastes like traditional potato salad!
What's in Keto Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Dill pickles
- Red onion
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Celery salt
- Dried dill
- Salt and pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto "Potato" Salad
Add the cauliflower florets to a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave for 8-10 minutes or until slightly tender (or your desired texture). You can steam it instead, if you don't have or want to use a microwave, but I would not boil it, it will be too watery.
Drain any water and pat dry with paper towels.
Add the pickles, onion and boiled egg to a large bowl along with the cooked cauliflower.
In a separate bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and whisk well.
Pour the dressing over the cauliflower, while still warm and toss until well coated.
Store in the fridge until ready to serve, at least 1 hour or longer. The longer it sits, the better it will taste!
How Many Carbs in Cauliflower?
Caulilfower has very low net carbs. The amount of net carbs per serving depends on the way it is prepared. For chopped, raw or steamed cauliflower, there are approximately 3 net carbs per 1 cup serving.
Is Cauliflower Keto?
Cauliflower is an essential vegetable for most people following Keto or a low carb diet. It's very low in carbohydrates and has a fairly neutral taste.
Many Keto recipes use cauliflower as a substitute for starchy, carb heavy ingredients like potatoes, rice and pasta.
Tips and Substitutions for Low Carb Cauliflower " Potato" Salad
- Cut the florets into slightly smaller than bite sized. You want the sauce to really coat each piece.
- Use fresh cauliflower for this recipe. Frozen cauliflower will add too much moisture, making for a soggy dish.
- Homemade mayonnaise really makes this recipe special, but if you'd rather use store bought, that is perfectly fine. Just make sure to look for sugar or other ingredients that you want to avoid on Keto and low carb diets.
- For a quick time saver, use pre-cut florets that are available in most all produce areas.
- Dijon mustard adds extra spice to this mock potato salad, but you can use dried mustard if you prefer.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower Ham and Cheese Casserole
- Smoked Sausage and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- Red Curry Coconut Chicken with Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole
More Low Carb and Keto Side Dishes
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Easy Coleslaw
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Buffalo Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
- Easy Broccoli Salad
Keto Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Add the cauliflower florets to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 8-10 minutes or until slightly tender (or your desired texture). You can steam it instead, if you don't have or want to use a microwave, but I would not boil it, it will be too watery. Drain any water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the pickles, onion and egg to a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients to a cup and mix well. Pour in the cauliflower (while still warm) into the large bowl.
- Pour in the cauliflower (while still warm) into the large bowl. Then pour the sauce over the top and toss until well coated. Store in the fridge until ready to serve, at least 1 hour or longer. The longer it sits, the better it will taste!
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.