This Keto Meatloaf recipe is incredibly moist and flavorful. And, with just a few low carb substitutions, you get to enjoy your favorite comfort food guilt free.
If you're on Keto or a low carb diet, then the net carbs in what you eat really matter. Traditional meatloaf uses breadcrumbs, which is not a good idea if you want to keep things as low carb as you can. This recipe is not only Keto-friendly and gluten-free, it taste just as delicious, if not more so than meatloaf made with bread crumbs.
Meatloaf has always been one of my favorite go-to recipes when I need a warm and hearty, yet quick and easy meal. If you love it as much as I do, you may also want to try this Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Italian Meatloaf or this Poblano Pepper Stuffed Meatloaf.
Meatloaf is one of the most popular Keto recipes because it's great for meal prep. Mix up a double recipe so you can have one for dinner and one for leftovers for the next week.
Ingredients in this Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe
- Ground beef
- Parmesan cheese
- Sugar-free ketchup
- almond flour
- Homemade ranch seasoning (or store bought)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Brown monk fruit/allulose (or Brown Swerve)
- Smoked paprika
- Black pepper and Kosher salt or sea salt to taste
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make the Best Low Carb Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add half of the ketchup, along with the rest of the ingredients, except for the ground beef, brown sweetener and smoked paprika, into a large mixing bowl.
Mix until well combined.
Add in the ground beef and mix just until everything is combined.
You don’t want to over mix because it will make the meatloaf more dense and tough.
Mix together the remaining ketchup, brown sweetener and smoked paprika.
Then spread over the meatloaf.
Continue baking for another 20 minutes, then allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Note: If you want the sauce to be on all sides of the meatloaf and are daring enough, you can CAREFULLY remove the meatloaf from the pan and place onto a mini baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then slather the mixture all over and bake.
What Side Dishes go with this Low Carb Meatloaf Recipe?
Serving meatloaf with Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower is always a family favorite. But there are many other low carb side option for you to choose from. Here are some of my other favorites.
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
What can I use Instead of Breadcrumbs for Keto Meatloaf?
Keeping this meatloaf low carb is super easy to do without having to sacrifice on taste and texture. By using a little almond flour as a binder and parmesan cheese for added flavor, you'll never even miss the breadcrumbs. You can also crush pork rinds really fine and use them in the flour mixture.
What do You Put in Meatloaf to Keep it From Falling Apart?
By cooking the meatloaf in an actual loaf pan, that helps the meatloaf keep its shape. Egg and almond flour work together as a binder that helps keep the meatloaf from breaking apart.
What is the Secret to Moist Meatloaf?
This low carb meat loaf is incredibly moist and flavorful. There are couple of tricks that help keep meatloaf moist every single time.
- Type of meat: For this recipe, you don't want to use super lean ground beef. 85/15 is ideal for meatloaf and meatballs.
- Don't over mix: When you are mixing and forming the meatloaf, make sure you are using a large bowl and mix the meat together with a gentle hand, trying not to over pack it. This allows the juice to distribute throughout the meatloaf while its cooking.
- Not overbaking: The most obvious tip is to not over bake your meatloaf. Overcooking ground beef is certain to dry it out every single time.
- Ingredients: By adding some of the ketchup in with the ground beef mixture, you're not only giving the meat loaf the most amazing flavor, it also helps add moisture to the meat. If you don't have sugar free ketchup, you can use a can of tomato paste that you loosen up with a little warm water.
- The topping: Another tip that I find most helpful is the ketchup mixture topping. The topping really creates a shield over the meatloaf and protects it from drying out while.
Can You Freeze Meatloaf?
Absolutely! You can easily freeze leftovers, or an entire meatloaf. Allow it to cool completely, then you'll want to create a tight barrier around the surface of the meat by double wrapping it with plastic wrap. Once it is wrapped well, place it in an airtight container for up to a couple of months.
Do You Cover Meatloaf When You Bake it?
You'll want to start off cooking Keto meatloaf uncovered. The ketchup mixture you use on the top of the meatloaf will begin to brown and develop wonderful flavor. If it begins to get too brown before it's fully cooked, loosely tint the loaf pan with foil until it has finished baking.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- Italian Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chili
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Swedish Meatballs
- Cheeseburger Salad
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
- 2 pounds ground beef, I use 85%
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup sugar-free ketchup, divided
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning, or 2 teaspoons of store bought
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown monk fruit/allulose, or Brown Swerve
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add half of the ketchup, along with the rest of the ingredients, except for the ground beef, brown sweetener and smoked paprika, into a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the ground beef and mix just until everything is combined. You don’t want to over mix, because it will make the meatloaf more dense and tough.
- Mix together the remaining ketchup, brown sweetener and smoked paprika then spread over the meatloaf. Continue baking for another 20 minutes, then allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.