Everyone's favorite Ranch Seasoning Mix, made right in your own home. It takes just minutes to make and is Keto friendly, without added preservatives or fillers.
When I started Keto, I really began to focus on using the cleanest ingredients I could possibly find. That eliminated a lot of pre-packaged seasoning mixes. Most all store-bought seasoning packets include maltodextrin, dextrose or other preservatives that's best to avoid.
So, I set out to create a homemade a version without all the bad stuff but also without losing any of the flavor. This recipe hits the nail on the head.
It tastes even better than store-bought. It has the absolute best balance of garlicy onion flavor with the perfect amount of dill. The secret to giving it the classic flavor everyone loves it the buttermilk powder.
Ranch Dressing Mix is so much more than just a dressing or dip mix. It's used in many recipes, like my Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast, for a zesty and flavorful seasoning. With this Keto version, you can enjoy the traditional savory flavors of Ranch Seasoning but in a MUCH healthier version.
Once you've started making your own, you'll love using it to season chicken, veggies, beef or mixed up as a dressing or dip. You'll fall in love with the punch of flavor it provides!
What's in Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Heavy cream powder
- Buttermilk powder
- Dried parsley
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried dill
- Dried chives
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning
Add all the ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
Whisk everything together until well combined.
Use in your favorite recipe, and store leftovers in an airtight jar.
To make Keto Ranch Dressing from scratch using this seasoning mix, add 3 tablespoons of the seasoning with ¾ cup heavy cream, ½ cup sour cream and ½ cup mayonnaise to a mixing bowl.
Whisk them together until they are well combined, then chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Other Ways to Use Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
There's is not question as to how wonderful ranch salad dressing and dip is. But this Keto Ranch Dressing Mix can be used in so many more recipes. Check out some of my favorites:
- Add some to make Mississippi Pot Roast, it's delicious!
- Add some to your mashed cauliflower for a savory and special flavor.
- For a super quick snack on the go, keep some roasted ranch pecans (or your favorite nut) on hand. Roast the nuts in the oven until slightly brown, remove and dust lightly with this Ranch Seasoning.
- Add a sprinkling to grilled or pan-roasted zucchini, asparagus, bell peppers or onions for extra flavor.
- Add some to any of your favorite Keto fried foods. It's especially scrumptious when added to the breading for these Fried Dill Pickles, Zucchini Fries, Chicken Tenders and Fried Green Tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some over your chicken wings, it's so good!
- When added to Instant Pot Chili, the depth of flavor the Ranch Seasoning lends is remarkable. Adjust the amount you add to your liking. Start with two tablespoons for the whole pot, and go from there. You can always add more if you prefer.
Are the Ingredients in Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix Keto?
This recipe has all Keto friendly ingredients. The creaminess of this recipe lends comes from two key ingredients, heavy cream powder and buttermilk powder. When you're selecting the brands of these products, be sure to check out the label for added preservatives.
Anthony's is a superb brand that has "no fillers, free-flowing agents, or preservatives added!". Both of these products are great to keep on hand, because they can be used in many recipes.
The Heavy Cream Powder can be used in creamy Keto soups, used in numerous baked goods, sauces, and smoothies.
The Buttermilk Powder is great to add to your Keto biscuit and pancake recipes or anything that calls for buttermilk.
Tips or Storing Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
The seasonings in this recipe are not only MUCH better than store-bought, it's economical too. One question that gets asked a lot is, "Can I make Ranch Seasoning Mix ahead?" You sure can! In fact, you can even make up extra batches, pack them in these cute little jars and give them away for house warming or other gifts.
By following a few tips, your Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix will stay fresh for a up to several months:
- Store in an airtight container like these. Exposure to air can cause it to lose its flavor quickly.
- Either label with the date you made your seasoning or you can keep a log of when you made it. This ensures you always have a fresh batch on hand.
- Keep in a dark place like a pantry or kitchen cabinet. Just like exposure to air, direct sunlight will also affect the longevity of its flavor.
- Heat will also cause it to lose its flavor quickly. It's best to keep it in a cabinet or pantry away from any heat source like your stove or dishwasher.
- Don't store your spices in the freezer. Seasonings don't hold up well when exposed to moisture.
More Keto Homemade Spice Mixes
- Cajun Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- BBQ Spice Dry Rub
- Homemade Apple Pie Spice
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.