Making pumpkin pie spice mix is super easy and with just 4 ingredients you can make your own in minutes!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Pumpkin Pie Spice is one of my favorites, particularly in the fall months! I use it in so many dishes, like my Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars, Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Cupcakes, Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs and Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse.
While you can purchase similar mixtures, if you are anything like me, I love to make my own when I can!
What's in Home Pumpkin Pie Spice
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
Add all ingredients to a bowl.
Why Should I Make My Own Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe?
There're some really good store bought pumpkin pie spices to choose from. But the problem I was having with them is the consistency of flavors I was looking for. That's when I began making my own.
Some store bought brands have a very strong nutmeg flavor where others are mostly cinnamon. By making your own, you control the flavors to your own liking. The listed amounts in this recipe is a suggestion based on my personal tastes. Experiment with it some to get it just where you like it.
Another great thing I love about making my own spices is they make the perfect house warming or holiday gift idea. A batch of homemade pumpkin pie spice with a whisk and a pie plate make such a cute and practical gift idea.
Making your own spice blends is cost effective also. Because they store well, you can make larger batches so you'll have them on hand when you need them.
Tips for Making Homemade Spices
- Store spices and seasonings in an airtight container like these. Exposure to air can cause spices to lose their flavor quickly.
- Either label with the date you made your seasonings or you can keep a log of when you made them. This ensures you always have fresh and flavorful spices on hand.
- Keep your seasonings in a dark place like a pantry or kitchen cabinet. Just like exposure to air, direct sunlight will also effect the longevity of their flavor.
- Heat will also cause seasonings to lose their flavor quickly. It’s best to keep them in a cabinet or pantry away from any heat source like your stove or dishwasher.
- Don’t store your spices in the freezer. Spices and seasonings don’t hold up well when exposed to moisture.
- For optimal freshness, homemade seasoning blends should be used within a year.
Is Pumpkin Pie Spice Keto?
It sure is. Especially when you make your own, there are no hidden ingredients.
More Homemade Keto Spices and Rubs
More Keto Recipes with Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.