A simple mix of spices that when combined, make the perfect seasoning for your next pot of Chili!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
If you’re looking for a sugar free, preservative free seasoning, this Homemade Chili Seasoning recipe has you covered.
While you can certainly purchase ready made chili seasoning mix, it’s so easy to make your own. I use this mix in my Instant Pot No-Bean Chili recipe.
How to Make Chili Seasoning Mix
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
You can use this mix in this recipe for Instant Pot Chili!
Tips for Storing Chili Seasoning
- Store all homemade spices and seasonings in an airtight container like these. Exposure to air can cause spices to lose their flavor quickly.
- Either label with the date you made your seasonings or you can keep a log of when you made them. This ensures you always have fresh and flavorful spices on hand.
- Keep your seasonings in a dark place like a pantry or kitchen cabinet. Just like exposure to air, direct sunlight will also effect the longevity of their flavor.
- Heat will also cause seasonings to lose their flavor quickly. It’s best to keep them in a cabinet or pantry away from any heat source like your stove or dishwasher.
- Don’t store your spices in the freezer. Spices and seasonings don’t hold up well when exposed to moisture.
- For optimal freshness, homemade seasoning blends should be used within a year.
Homemade Chili Seasoning – Keto and Low Carb
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk to combine.