A quick and very easy low carb and Keto friendly version of chili made in the Instant Pot, without the beans, but not without great flavor!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
While this recipe was written to be cooked in an Instant Pot, you can certainly make it in any pressure cooker or stove top.
If you have extra time, you can even make this as a Keto crockpot chili right in your Instant Pot, by selecting the "Slow Cook" setting. This recipe is just that versatile.
There are so many toppings that you can serve with this No-Bean Chili and still keep it Keto friendly and low carb! Toppings you may want to consider include sour cream, cilantro, cheddar cheese, onions, scallions or for a little extra kick add jalapeños peppers.
You can use a combination of any of these toppings or use them ALL! They really add a nice finishing touch. This is truly a very easy low carb chili recipe that you can cater to your tastes and it's perfect any time of the year!
What's in the Best Low Carb Chili
- Grass-fed beef
- Ground sausage
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Chicken stock
- Jalapeño peppers
- Chili seasoning
- Brown Swerve
- Worcestershire sauce
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Instant Pot Chili
So, let's get cooking! Turn the Instant Pot to the "Sauté" setting and add in just enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
When the oil is slightly heated, add to the Instant Pot the ground beef and sausage to brown.
Depending on the size of your pressure cooker, you can do this step in batches if needed.
While the meat is browning, chop the onion and mince the garlic. Remove the meat from the pot add in the onion and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes or until the onion starts to become translucent, then add in the minced garlic for about 20 seconds, being careful not to burn it.
Add in the low carb Chili Seasoning and toast the spices (while stirring) for about 20 seconds.
Once your seasonings are toasted, select the "Keep Warm/Cancel" setting. Add in the Chicken Stock to deglaze and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom.
Now, just add in all the remaining ingredients, including the ground beef and sausage.
Mix well to combine, and then put the lid securely in place.
Set the steam vent to sealing and select the "Bean/Chili" setting for 30 minutes. When the time is up, allow the Instant Pot to vent naturally.
Once the pressure has completely released, carefully remove the lid away from you and it's ready to serve. Don't forget to add your favorite toppings!
And just like that, you have hearty, healthy and low carb chili ready for your entire family!
Tips for Perfecting This Recipe for No-Bean Chili
- When selecting ground beef for this low carb chili recipe, go with higher fat content beef. The higher the fat, the better the flavor.
- Because meat is the headliner in this recipe, you want the best! Select high quality, grass-fed beef. The taste can not be beat.
- By using two different types of meat, you will add different layers of flavor and a really unique texture. Beef and sausage make an excellent combination. If you prefer, you can use ground chicken or ground turkey.
- People are often curious about the carbs in chili. This recipe is much lower in carbs because we omitted the beans, but check the labels on your tomato paste and tomato sauce. Make sure to choose ones that have no "added sugars" in the ingredients.
- You can always use store bought chicken stock, but for a more robust and intense flavor, use Homemade Chicken Stock.
- No worries if you have leftovers. This Keto chili makes the perfect freezer meal. Seal individual serving sizes in a freezer bag. Heat by removing from freezer and submerging the bag in warm water. Once defrosted, just remove the chili from the bag and heat on the stove top until it reaches the temperature you prefer.
- To send the flavors of this low carb chili over the top without worrying about what's in the ingredients, I recommend making your own Homemade Chili Seasoning. You can always buy the premade kind, but most have added sugar or Maltodextrin. These ingredients should be avoided on Keto or low carb diets.
If you're like most people, chili is just not complete without serving it along side a warm piece of corn bread. This low carb Jalapeño Cheddar "Corn" Bread will not disappoint. Everyone in your family will be asking for seconds!
You can also use this Keto chili recipe to make Chili Cheese Dog Casserole! This is a great recipe that not only the kids will love, but will have the adults coming back for more.
The Instant Pot model that I have is the Instant Pot DUO80 8 Quart 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
More Keto and Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
- Easy Instant Pot "Roasted" Chicken
- Instant Pot One Hour Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Best Instant Pot Roast with Gravy
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Ropa Vieja
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
Keto Instant Pot No-Bean Chili
- 2 pounds of grass-fed beef, I use 85%
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 30 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, rib removed and minced (more if you like more heat)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Brown Swerve
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté setting and add in a little olive oil. Brown the ground beef and sausage in batches, then set aside. Add in the onion and continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes, then add in the garlic for about 25 seconds. Add in the chili seasoning and toast the spices (while stirring) for about 30 seconds.
- Select the keep warm/cancel setting, then add in the chicken stock to deglaze and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom. Add in the remaining ingredients, including the ground beef and sausage.
- Mix well and put the lid securely in place. Set the steam vent to sealing and select the bean/chili setting for 30 minutes, then allow to vent naturally.
- Once the pressure has completely released, carefully remove the lid away from you. Serve with your choice of toppings. I served mine with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheddar and sliced scallions.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.