An easy Keto and low carb casserole made with Instant Pot No-Bean Chili, hot dogs, cheddar cheese and a cornbread-like topping!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
You wouldn’t believe how simple and easy this casserole is to make! There’re no beans in this delicious, low carb ground beef chili, but there’s so such great flavor, you will never miss them!
It’s topped with a biscuit mix that’s much like cornbread, but of course without all the carbs! To give it a more cornbread-like taste and texture, baby corn is used. Yes, baby corn! Now before you call the Keto Police to come arrest me, keep reading!!
How Many Carbs in Baby Corn?
Regular corn, which is not low carb/Keto friendly, has way too many carbs and sugar to use. Baby corn, on the other hand, is prematurely harvested before it’s pollinated, and doesn’t have nearly as many carbs or sugar as adult corn and has a lot more fiber!
Baby corn has only 2 net carbs for the 1/4 cup used in this entire recipe, verses 7 net carbs for regular adult corn.
This is a pretty rich casserole, so you don’t need a big serving to be satisfied. I recommend having a salad on the side to lighten things up a bit. This is such an fun and easy Keto dinner casserole that is great for kids too!
Ingredients for Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
- Instant Pot Keto/Low Carb Chili
- Uncured hot dogs
- Cheddar cheese
- Grass-Fed Butter
- Almond Flour
- Oat Fiber
- Sour cream
- Baby corn
- Swerve confectioners
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
How to Make Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
How to Make the Low Carb Chili Filling
Preheat oven to 375F.
Cut up the hot dogs into 1 inch pieces and sauté them in a large skillet with the 1 tablespoon of butter.
Cook for just a few minutes until slightly browned. If you’re pressed for time, you can skip this step, but I recommend it because it gives a grilled flavor to the hot dogs.
Alternatively, you can grill them whole, then cut into small pieces.
Mix in the hot dogs with the chili and add the shredded cheddar cheese.
Pour mixture into a greased 9″ X 13″ glass or ceramic baking dish.
To Make the Gluten Free Topping
Mix in the dry ingredients, just until combined.
Drop the batter by the spoonful over the top and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is slightly golden.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a few days.
How to Freeze Keto Hotdog Casserole
This low carb casserole freezes beautifully. Portion out leftovers and place in an airtight freezer safe container and store up to a couple of months in the freezer. To reheat, thaw in the fridge over night then place in a 350F oven until warm.
Substitutions for Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole
- If you’re not comfortable adding the baby corn, despite it only containing 2 net carbs for the entire recipe, you can certainly omit it and just adjust the macros accordingly.
- There’s not a ton of cheese in the filling, because there’s cheese in the topping. If you want more cheese mixed into the chili and hot dog mixture, you can certainly add more and it won’t change the cooking time. Just be sure to adjust the macros.
- Likewise, you can use whatever your favorite cheese is. Colby or a Mexican blend would be excellent choices.
- If you want to add a little heat, you can add jalapeno slices in the chili mixture.
Are Hotdogs Keto?
Hotdogs CAN be Keto friendly. However you should do a little research on brands that don’t contain preservatives like MSG, sugars or other ingredients that are high in carbs.
Is Oat Fiber Keto? Is Oat Fiber the Same as Oat Flour?
The Oat Fiber is really important in this recipe! I use it in so many recipes, because of the amazing texture it gives whatever I’m baking! It is hands down, the best ingredient I’ve baked with! The Oat Fiber that I use is made by Lifesource Foods, because they grind it to a very fine powder and has a mild flavor. I buy it in the 16 ounce bag, which lasts a while, because you don’t need to use much in your recipes.
Oat Fiber is not the same as Oat Flour, which is made from grinding oats. Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats and is pure insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber doesn’t dissolve in water and is not broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is Keto friendly.
More Keto and Low Carb Recipes Using Oat Fiber:
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Mini Bundt Cakes
- Rosemary and Kalamata Olive Focaccia
- Lemon Cupcakes with Creamy Lemon Frosting
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Tiramisu Pancakes
More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
- Easy Taco Casserole
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Burrito Bowl with Lime Cilantro Rice
- Zucchini Lasagna
Chili Cheese Dog Casserole – Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
For the Filling
- 1 batch Instant Pot Keto/Low Carb Chili
- 8 uncured hot dogs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Grass-Fed Butter
For the Topping
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Oat Fiber see notes
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup baby corn chopped (see notes)
- 1/4 cup Grass-Fed Butter melted
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons swerve confectioners or powdered erythritol
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
For the Filling
- Cut up the hot dogs into 1 inch pieces and sauté them in a large skillet with the 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook for just a few minutes until slightly browned. If you are pressed for time, you can skip this step, but I recommend it because it gives a grilled flavor to the hot dogs.
- Alternatively, you can grill them whole, then cut into small pieces. Mix in the hot dogs with the chili the shredded cheddar cheese. Pour mixture into a greased 9″ X 13″ glass or ceramic baking dish.
To Make the Topping
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, swerve and butter, then mix to combine. Add in the cheddar cheese and baby corn.Mix in the dry ingredients, just until combined.
- Drop the batter by the spoonful over the top and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is slightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze.