An easy Keto and low carb casserole made with Instant Pot No-Bean Chili, hot dogs, cheddar cheese and a cornbread-like topping!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- How Many Carbs in Baby Corn?
- What's in Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
- How to Make Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
- How to Freeze Keto Hotdog Casserole
- Substitutions for Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole
- Are Hotdogs Keto?
- What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
- What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
- More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
You wouldn't believe how simple and easy this casserole is to make! There're no beans in this delicious, low carb ground beef chili, but there's so such great flavor, you will never miss them!
It's topped with a biscuit mix that's much like cornbread, but of course without all the carbs! To give it a more cornbread-like taste and texture, baby corn is used. Yes, baby corn! Now before you call the Keto Police to come arrest me, keep reading!!
How Many Carbs in Baby Corn?
Regular corn, which is not low carb/Keto friendly, has way too many carbs and sugar to use. Baby corn, on the other hand, is prematurely harvested before it’s pollinated, and doesn’t have nearly as many carbs or sugar as adult corn and has a lot more fiber!
Baby corn has only 2 net carbs for the ¼ cup used in this entire recipe, verses 7 net carbs for regular adult corn.
This is a pretty rich casserole, so you don't need a big serving to be satisfied. I recommend having a salad on the side to lighten things up a bit. This is such an fun and easy Keto dinner casserole that is great for kids too!
What's in Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
- Instant Pot Keto/Low Carb Chili
- Uncured hot dogs
- Cheddar cheese
- Grass-Fed Butter
- Almond Flour
- Oat Fiber
- Sour cream
- Baby corn
- Swerve confectioners
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
How to Make the Low Carb Chili Filling
Preheat oven to 375F.
Cut up the hot dogs into 1 inch pieces and sauté them in a large skillet with the 1 tablespoon of butter.
Cook for just a few minutes until slightly browned. If you're pressed for time, you can skip this step, but I recommend it because it gives a grilled flavor to the hot dogs.
Alternatively, you can grill them whole, then cut into small pieces.
Mix in the hot dogs with the chili and add the shredded cheddar cheese.
Pour mixture into a greased 9" X 13" glass or ceramic baking dish.
To Make the Gluten Free Topping
Mix in the dry ingredients, just until combined.
Drop the batter by the spoonful over the top and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is slightly golden.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a few days.
How to Freeze Keto Hotdog Casserole
This low carb casserole freezes beautifully. Portion out leftovers and place in an airtight freezer safe container and store up to a couple of months in the freezer. To reheat, thaw in the fridge over night then place in a 350F oven until warm.
Substitutions for Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole
- If you’re not comfortable adding the baby corn, despite it only containing 2 net carbs for the entire recipe, you can certainly omit it and just adjust the macros accordingly.
- There's not a ton of cheese in the filling, because there's cheese in the topping. If you want more cheese mixed into the chili and hot dog mixture, you can certainly add more and it won't change the cooking time. Just be sure to adjust the macros.
- Likewise, you can use whatever your favorite cheese is. Colby or a Mexican blend would be excellent choices.
- If you want to add a little heat, you can add jalapeno slices in the chili mixture.
Are Hotdogs Keto?
Hotdogs CAN be Keto friendly. However you should do a little research on brands that don't contain preservatives like MSG, sugars or other ingredients that are high in carbs.
What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It's pure insoluble fiber, which doesn't dissolve in water and isn't broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that's why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
To get the best results, it's best to use oat fiber if you can. If you're unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
More Keto Ground Beef Recipes
- Easy Taco Casserole
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- Burrito Bowl with Lime Cilantro Rice
- Zucchini Lasagna
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
For the Filling
- 1 batch Instant Pot Keto/Low Carb Chili
- 8 uncured hot dogs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Grass-Fed Butter
For the Topping
For the Filling
- Cut up the hot dogs into 1 inch pieces and sauté them in a large skillet with the 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook for just a few minutes until slightly browned. If you're pressed for time, you can skip this step, but I recommend it because it gives a grilled flavor to the hot dogs.
- Alternatively, you can grill them whole, then cut into small pieces. Mix in the hot dogs with the chili the shredded cheddar cheese. Pour mixture into a greased 9" X 13" glass or ceramic baking dish.
To Make the Topping
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, swerve and butter, then mix to combine. Add in the cheddar cheese and baby corn. Mix in the dry ingredients, just until combined.
- Drop the batter by the spoonful over the top and bake on 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until the top is slightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.