This Taco Casserole is an easy low carb dinner to prepare that is packed with taco flavor! Serve with all the traditional taco toppings and you won't even miss the tortillas!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Don't you just love casseroles?! I do because they're so easy to throw together and bake! Casseroles are my favorite to make and freeze in portions, this way I always have a few meals on hand, when I need them.
This low carb taco casserole has really great flavor, in part from the Chipotle Ranch Dressing that is used in the mix. It gives it a little spicy kick from the chipotle pepper, but not too much heat. Jalapeño peppers added in along with the Keto Taco Meat, also gives a great kick of flavor with a subtle spiciness.
One of the awesome things about this recipe is you can adjust the flavors according to how you family prefers it. If they like a little less spicy, you can omit the jalapeno pepper all together.
What's in Easy Keto Taco Casserole
- Taco Meat
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Heavy cream
- Cherry tomatoes
- Jalapeño peppers
- Optional Toppings: Shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced olives, diced avocado
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Easy Keto Taco Casserole
Preheat oven to 375F.
Prepare 2 batches of Taco Meat (which will be 2 pounds) and mix in the jalapeño peppers and garlic to cook along with the beef. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
Pour in the taco meat mixture and the tomatoes in the bowl with the egg mixture, and mix until well combined.
Top with the shredded cheese.
Then bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden.
Allow to cool slightly before serving with (optional) shredded lettuce, tomato, jalapeño peppers, sliced black olives, diced avocado and sour cream.
And of course I forgot to add the avocado for the pic above! So I added it below right before serving.
Is Taco Casserole Keto?
You betcha! Meat, cheese, eggs...what says Keto better than that? This low carb taco casserole is loaded with healthy fat and it only have 4 net carbs per hearty serving!
If you're like me and you love making casseroles because they give you so many portions, you can also try this Chicken Alfredo Casserole, Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole, Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole.
If you are like a lot of people, meal prepping makes life SO much easier. If you would like to read about some really great ideas, this article, 25 Easy Meal Prep Tips is right up your ally!
More Keto Mexican Recipes
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Southwest Skillet with Chipotle Cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Poblano and Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
- Easy Guacamole
Tips for the Best Keto Taco Casserole
Variations for the Keto Taco Mix
- I use my homemade Taco Meat in this recipe, but if you happen to have some that you've made on hand, by all means, use it! This casserole is meant to make life easier, so do what's easy for you.
- I added 6 eggs to this casserole, and as always they are cage-free and organic. This really gives the casserole some volume and holds things together nicely. If you don't want to use as many eggs, you can reduce to 4 if you'd like.
- I used shredded cheddar cheese, but you can use a combination of cheeses that you like- Monterey Jack, Colby or a Mexican type mix. You could even use a Pepper Jack, to add even more spice and flavor!
- I also used chopped cherry tomatoes, but you can use any tomato you like, even canned would work. If you want to omit them all together, you can. I also used jalapeño peppers, which I added to the taco meat. You can add red, yellow or orange bell pepper instead, if that's what you prefer.
- I used my Chipotle Ranch Dressing, but if you already have some bottled, store bought you can certainly use what you have.
What Can I use for Taco Casserole Toppings?
You can use any combination of toppings for this casserole. I went a little traditional, as I do with my tacos, with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, sliced black olives and sour cream. Use what you like or have on hand.
How do I Store Leftover Low Carb Taco Casserole?
Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze in an airtight container. This casserole happens to freeze really well, so when you're ready to eat it, just thaw and reheat in the microwave or oven. I would definitely freeze without the toppings, then add right before serving.
More Keto Casseroles
- Spinach Artichoke Casserole
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Easy Sausage & Pepper Casserole
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken Florentine Casserole
Easy Keto Taco Casserole
- 2 pounds Taco Meat, see my recipe
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 whole eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced (about 8 cherry tomatoes)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Optional Toppings: Shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced black olives, diced avocado, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare 2 batches of Taco Meat (which will be 2 pounds) and mix in the jalapeño peppers and garlic to cook along with the beef. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, chipotle ranch, cream cheese, cilantro and heavy cream for 2 minutes. Pour in the taco meat mixture and the tomatoes in the bowl with the egg mixture, and mix until well combined. Pour into a 9 x 13 casserole baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving with shredded lettuce, tomato, jalapeño peppers, sliced black olives, diced avocado and sour cream.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.