As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
This Taco Casserole is an easy Low Carb dinner to prepare that is packed with taco flavor! Serve with all the traditional taco toppings and you won’t even miss the tortillas!
Don’t you just love casseroles?! I do because they’re so easy to throw together and just bake! Casseroles are my favorite to make and freeze in portions, this way I always have a few meals on hand, when I need them.
This Low Carb taco casserole has really great flavor, in part from the Chipotle Ranch Dressing that I use in the mix. It gives it a little spicy kick from the chipotle pepper, but not too much heat. I also add in jalapeño peppers in along with my Taco Meat, which also gives a great kick of flavor with a subtle spiciness.
If you’re like me and you love making casseroles because they give you so many portions, you can also try my Chicken Alfredo Casserole, Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole, Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole and many more!
How to Make Easy Keto Taco Casserole
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 whole eggs, beaten
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup Chipotle Ranch Dressing
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced (about 8 cherry tomatoes)
2 jalapeño peppers, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Optional Toppings: Shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced olives, diced avocado
Preheat oven to 375F.
Prepare 2 batches of Taco Meat (which will be 2 pounds) and mix in the jalapeño peppers and garlic to cook along with the beef. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, chipotle ranch, cream cheese, cilantro and heavy cream for 2 minutes.
Pour in the taco meat mixture and the tomatoes in the bowl with the egg mixture, and mix until well combined.
Pour into a 9 x 13 casserole baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Top with the shredded cheese.
Then bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden.
Allow to cool slightly before serving with (optional) shredded lettuce, tomato, jalapeño peppers, sliced black olives, diced avocado and sour cream.
And of course I forgot to add the avocado for the pic above! So I added it below right before serving.
You might also like these Mexican inspired Keto and Low Carb recipes…
I use my homemade Taco Meat in this recipe, but if you happen to have some that you’ve made on hand, by all means, use it! This casserole is meant to make life easier, so do what’s easy for you.
I added 6 eggs to this casserole, and as always they are cage-free and organic. This really gives the casserole some volume and holds things together nicely. If you don’t want to use as many eggs, you can reduce to 4 if you’d like.
I used shredded cheddar cheese, but you can use a combination of cheeses that you like- Monterey Jack, Colby or a Mexican type mix. You could even use a Pepper Jack, to add even more spice and flavor!
I also used chopped cherry tomatoes, but you can use any tomato you like, even canned would work. If you want to omit them all together, you can. I also used jalapeño peppers, which I added to the taco meat. You can add red, yellow or orange bell pepper instead, if that’s what you prefer.
I used my Chipotle Ranch Dressing, but if you already have some bottled, store bought you can certainly use what you have.
You can use any combination of toppings for this casserole. I went a little traditional, as I do with my tacos, with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, sliced black olives and sour cream. Use what you like or have on hand.
Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze in an airtight container. This casserole happens to freeze really well, so when you’re ready to eat it, just thaw and reheat in the microwave or oven. I would definitely freeze without the toppings, then add right before serving.
MORE KETO AND LOW CARB CASSEROLES…
Easy Taco Casserole – Keto/Low Carb
- 2 pounds Taco Meat see my recipe
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 whole eggs beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes diced (about 8 cherry tomatoes)
- 2 jalapeño peppers minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Optional Toppings: Shredded lettuce chopped fresh tomatoes, sliced black olives, diced avocado, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare 2 batches of Taco Meat (which will be 2 poundand mix in the jalapeño peppers and garlic to cook along with the beef. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, chipotle ranch, cream cheese, cilantro and heavy cream for 2 minutes. Pour in the taco meat mixture and the tomatoes in the bowl with the egg mixture, and mix until well combined. Pour into a 9 x 13 casserole baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving with shredded lettuce, tomato, jalapeño peppers, sliced black olives, diced avocado and sour cream.