A great classic turned into a casserole! Tender juicy chunks of ham, chicken, swiss cheese and cauliflower, all baked in a creamy sauce!
Mascarpone cheese adds a creaminess, without adding extra carbs. Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic that I've enjoyed for many years!
This low carb casserole has such great flavor and is so easy to make! This is a great dish to make when you have leftover ham! You can also use your leftover ham in an Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole or this Roasted Cauliflower Ham and Cheese Casserole.
This Keto casserole has all the classic ingredients of a chicken cordon bleu, baked in the oven with melted gooey Swiss cheese over the top. It also has cauliflower rice added, to make this a complete one-dish meal that even the pickiest eaters are sure to love!
What's in Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Swiss cheese
- Heavy cream
- Mascarpone cheese
- Asiago cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Ground pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Preheat oven to 375F.
To make the sauce, add all the ingredients except the chicken, cauliflower, swiss cheese and ham to a bowl and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, add in the chicken, cauliflower and ham.
Pour the sauce over the top and toss until everything is well coated. Then pour into a greased casserole dish and place the swiss cheese slices over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, increase the temperature to 425F and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly before cutting into and serving.
Can you Freeze Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Yes, you absolutely can. Some recipes with heavy cream do not freeze well. That is not the case with this Keto casserole. Because the cream is mixed with other ingredients to make the sauce, this helps to stabilize the cream and will prevent it from separating when thawed.
Allow the casserole to cool to room temperature before moving it to the freezer. You can use these freezer safe containers for leftovers, they work beautifully!
Tips for Making This Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- In order to keep this casserole as low carb as possible, choose an uncured ham. Always read the labels on ham to check for any added ingredients or sugars you want to avoid.
- It's always better to grate your own cheese. Pre-grated cheese usually has anti-caking ingredients that are not acceptable on Keto or low carb diets.
- If you're going to be short of time, this casserole can be made the night before. Assemble all the ingredients, wrap it or cover it well and place it in the fridge. All that's left is baking it, when you're ready.
Substitutions for Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- If the rotisserie chicken where you shop has sugar added, you can always cook your own. You can use dark meat, white meat, or a combination of both.
- This recipe calls for fresh cauliflower. To save a little time, you can buy the pre-cut florets.
- If you don't have Mascarpone, you can substitute it for cream cheese. The cream cheese will have less creaminess and a more tart flavor, but it's a suitable substitution. Because cream cheese has more carbs, be sure to adjust your macros accordingly.
- Provolone cheese can be used instead of Swiss without it drastically changing the flavor profile.
- You can also use Parmesan or Romano cheese, instead of Asiago cheese if you prefer.
More Keto and Low Carb Casseroles
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Easy Sausage and Pepper Breakfast Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken Florentine Casserole
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 12 ounces Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 7 ounces uncured Ham, diced
- 13 ounces cauliflower florets, cut into small pieces
- 8 slices of swiss cheese
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 8 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
- ⅓ cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add all the ingredients except the chicken, cauliflower, swiss cheese and ham to a bowl and mix until combined, to make the sauce.
- In a separate bowl, add in the chicken, cauliflower and ham. Pour the sauce over the top and toss until everything is well coated.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish and place the swiss cheese slices over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, increase the temperature to 425 and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into and serving.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.