Mouth-watering pot roast made in your Instant Pot then smothered in gravy, so tender you can cut it with a fork! Roast isn't just for weekends anymore!
When you think of comfort food, it just doesn't get much better than a tender, mouth watering pot roast with gravy.
This is one of the easiest and most flavorful low carb pot roasts you will ever make! It cooks in hardly no time, right in your Instant Pot, making this a hearty weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy!
And as if this Keto Instant Pot roast couldn't get any better, when it's served with a low carb side dish of Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower, it's sure to please even your pickiest eaters. Trust me, it's just that good.
If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can make this low carb pot roast in any pressure cooker, or even stove top in a Dutch oven. To make this recipe in a Dutch oven, you will want to increase the cooking time to about 3 hours or until the roast is tender.
What's in Keto Instant Pot Roast
- Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- Chicken stock
- Pinot Grigio (or your favorite white wine)
- Herbs de Provence
- Garlic Cloves
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Xanthan Gum
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
For best results, when selecting a roast, choose one weighing 3-5lbs. On average, you should consider a serving size to be about ⅓ lb. per person.
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Low Carb Instant Pot Roast
Let's get cooking! You're going to want to sear the roast before you cook it, so hit the “saute” button on your Instant Pot and allow it to start heating up.
Next thing you'll do is take some paper towels and pat down the roast really well, which will ensure your seasonings stick and that it gets a good sear.
Because much of the flavor from this Keto pot roast occurs during the searing phase, you'll want to cut your roast into several large chunks. This allows more surface area for browning which means more flavor!
Next, you will season each piece generously with salt and pepper.
Once the roast is seasoned, add just enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot and allow to heat.
Carefully add the beef and sear each piece, turning them as you go. You want to make sure every side is seared. Depending on the size of your roast, you may have to do this in batches. Remove the roast from the pot and set it aside.
Now it's time to add in the onions with another dash of salt and pepper, and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and continue sautéing for another 20 seconds.
Once the onion and garlic have been sautéed, add in the white wine to deglaze the pot, making sure you scrape up the brown bits of flavor.
The wine is optional, but it truly gives this low carb pot roast and gravy a great depth of flavor. You can certainly omit it and to do so, you just deglaze the pot with a little chicken stock.
After you have scraped up all those little bits of deliciousness, stir in the chicken stock, tomatoes, tomato paste and Herbs de Provence.
Place your beef back into the Instant Pot and lock the lid in place. Set the valve to the "seal" position.
Turn the "pressure cook/manual" setting to high pressure and set the time based on the size roast you have. You can figure cooking time on being 20 minutes per pound. Walk away and let the magic happen!
While the roast is cooking, you can start making this yummy Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower.
When the time on the Instant Pot is up, allow it to naturally release for 20 minutes or longer, then switch it to manual release.
Open the lid and just take a look at those beautiful chunks of meat! Remove them from the pot and set aside. If you want to pull them apart, you won't even need a knife, they will fall apart that easily!
Next, let's get started on that Keto gravy! Right into the Instant Pot, add the Mascarpone cheese and Xanthan Gum and mix with all the pan juices.
For the easiest and best results, use an immersion blender to make sure everything is mixed well.
However, if you don't have an immersion blender, just pour everything into your food processor or Vitamix and blend it together.
This savory low carb gravy will be thick, rich and loaded with flavor.
Because this recipe makes plenty of gravy, you'll want to be sure and save the leftovers to enjoy later over these amazing low carb Bacon Cheddar Drop Biscuits.
Serve with your Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower or one of your other favorite low carb sides.
And there you have it, the absolute best pressure cooker pot roast with Keto gravy you will ever taste!
Tips for Making the Perfect Low Carb Instant Pot Roast
- The most important step of perfecting your Instant Pot roast, is to start off with a good cut of meat. Chuck roast is the most popular and certainly the most favored cut for making pot roast due its marbling. Other cuts such as a top round or rump roast are alternatives, but they are leaner cuts which can sometimes make a drier roast.
- Make sure you season the meat prior to searing. This seals in the flavor and helps in browning.
- Store bought chicken stock is perfectly acceptable to use for your roast. But, keeping homemade Chicken Stock in the freezer to use when making roast and many other low carb recipes is truly worth the effort. The flavor can not be beat, and it can be made in an hour in your Instant Pot!
- Though the wondrous smell of the pot roast cooking may tempt you to manually release after cooking, by allowing it to slow release for at least 20 minutes, the meat will relax and become more tender.
- To freeze leftover Keto pot roast, just place the pieces into a freezer safe container and completely cover it with the gravy or other cooking liquid. Make sure to label the outside of the container with the date and freeze up to 4 months.
More Keto Sides to Serve with Pot Roast
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto
- Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
The Instant Pot model that I have is the Instant Pot DUO80 8 Quart 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
More Keto and Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot No-Bean Chili
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Easy Instant Pot "Roasted" Chicken
- Instant Pot One Hour Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Ropa Vieja
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Best Instant Pot Roast with Gravy- Keto
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Cut your pot roast into large chunks, this will make it easier to sear the outside. Add the olive oil to the pot and sear each side of the beef, remove and set aside.
- Add in the onions, salt and pepper, then sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic and continue sautéing for another 20 seconds. Add in the white wine to deglaze the pot and scrape up the brown bits of flavor.
- Allow to cook for another minute, then stir in the chicken stock, tomatoes, tomato paste and Herbs de Provence. Add the beef back in and lock the lid in place, set the valve to sealing.. Turn the pressure cook/manual setting to high pressure for a time of 20 minutes per pound of beef. After time is up, let it naturally release for 20 minutes before switching to manual release.
- Remove the meat and set aside to pull apart. You will not need a knife, it will fall apart easily! Add in the mascarpone cheese and Xanthan Gum and mix using an immersion blender. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can mix in a food processor or Vitamix blender.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Keto Cooking Christian eBook Collection
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.