Need a quick easy side that is also loaded with healthy fats? This mashed cauliflower is cheesy, creamy and absolutely delicious!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Shredded cheddar and Mascarpone cheese make this mashed cauliflower so creamy and full of flavor!
You'll start by cooking the cauliflower in the microwave, without any water, then pat them dry. This really helps them stay creamy and not watery at all!
I add in cheddar, Mascarpone, sour cream and butter and pulse in a food processor until smooth and creamy!
What's in Keto Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- Cheddar cheese
- Mascarpone cheese
- Sour cream
- Grass-fed butter
- Garlic salt
- Salt and Pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Low Carb Mashed Cauliflower
Add the cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a paper plate and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes or until tender.
Drain well and pat with paper towels pressing gently to dry.
Add to the bowl of a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.
Pulse until smooth and creamy, then serve!
Store leftover cheesy low carb cauliflower mash in an airtight container in the fridge up to a few days.
Substitutions for Keto Mashed Cauliflower
- You can boil the cauliflower instead of cooking it in the microwave if you prefer. Just be sure to drain really well before adding to the food processor.
- For a more intense cauliflower flavor, drizzle the cauliflower with a little olive oil and roast it in a 425F oven for 20 minutes.
- Buy precut cauliflower florets for a time saver.
- You can literally use any cheese you'd like. You can use white cheddar, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, Colby or any of your favorites.
- You can use cream cheese instead of Mascarpone. Cream cheese has a more tart flavor but it works well as a substitute.
- Fried bacon pieces, scallions, or fresh roasted garlic adds extra bursts of flavor. This Keto mashed cauliflower recipe is so versatile, you can add any of your favorite toppings.
How Many Carbs in Cauliflower?
Cauliflower does contain some carbohydrates, but the amount of carbs is much lower than that found in potatoes and other starchy vegetables. For a whole cup of cooked cauliflower, there are 3 net grams of carbs.
Is Cauliflower Keto?
Absolutely! In fact if you're on Keto, you've probably seen a good many low carb cauliflower recipes. That's because cauliflower is the quintessential Keto vegetable. It's low in carbs, high in fiber and is very nutritious.
With added healthy fat from cheese and butter, this is the perfect Keto side dish.
Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. It contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need. If you'd like to read about the healthy benefits of cauliflower, check out this article.
More Low Carb Recipes with Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower Ham and Cheese Casserole
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Smoked Sausage and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cauliflower Mushroom "Risotto"
More Keto and Low Carb Sides
- Brussels Sprouts with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Easy Cole Slaw
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Keto Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add the cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a paper plate and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and pat with paper towels pressing gently to dry.
- Add to the bowl of a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy, then serve!
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.