Smoky sausage soup that is creamy and hearty, filling and delicious!
Need a quick and easy soup to warm you up?
This soup is super hearty and has great flavor from the smoked sausage.
Cheese and heavy cream make it rich and creamy!
What's in Smoked Sausage Cauliflower Cheddar Keto Soup
- Uncured smoked sausage
- Chicken stock
- Cheddar cheese
- Garlic cloves
- Heavy cream
- Fresh parsley
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Soup
In a medium pot, add in the butter and smoked sausage, sauté for a few minutes over medium heat, until the sausage starts to brown.
Remove and set aside.
Add in the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
Then add in the garlic and sauté for about 20 seconds, careful not to burn it!
Pour in the chicken stock and cauliflower, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on, or until tender.
Over medium low heat, add the sausage back in, along with the cheddar cheese and heavy cream.
Cook for another 7-10 minutes and serve with shredded cheddar cheese and a garnish of fresh parsley!
Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days for up to a few days.
Can I Freeze Keto Cauliflower Soup with Sausage?
Sure you can! In fact, this is a fantastic meal prep idea. Make a double batch and freeze some for later. Just allow the soup to cool to room temp, place in an airtight container and stick in the freezer for up to a couple of months.
Before you're ready to serve it, thaw it in the fridge over night then heat slowly in a sauce pan. That's it!
Is Cauliflower Keto?
Cauliflower is sometimes called a Keto super food. That's because it's low carb, high in fiber and contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need including high amounts of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant known to fight inflammation.
Tips for the Best Sausage on Keto?
While sausages are mostly protein, spices and healthy fat, it can contain binding ingredients that are not encouraged on Keto. It is always important to read the nutrition label on any pre-packed meats. Here are a few tips to help you make the best selection:
- Added Sugar – Make sure the label on the sausage has either low or no sugar. Look out for all sugar-it has many names.
- Check out the Listed Carbs – A pretty good rule of thumb is to select one that has 1 or less gram of carbs listed. That's a good indication of any no-no additives some brands have.
- Look for Grass-Fed Sausage – If your local markets carry organic or grass-fed, that is usually your best bet. Keto is not just about low carbs, its about clean ingredients.
- Consider Online Shopping-Today, there are several farms that offer organic and grass-fed meat deliveries. Do a little research on what their shipping conditions are and read the customer reviews. A lot of times, some of the larger farms will offer seasonal sales or promotions which is a great time to stock up.
If you like Andouille Sausage, you will love this Low Carb Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya!
More Keto Soup Recipes
- Easy Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Chicken Soup with Cauliflower Soup
- Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
- 35 Best Keto Soup Recipes
If you would like more meal prep recipes and tips, 25 Easy Meal Prepping Ideas, has a lot of great information you may find useful.
Smoked Sausage and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 12 ounces of uncured smoked sausage, cut into small bites
- 3 cups chicken stock, see my recipe here
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, add in the butter and smoked sausage, sauté for a few minutes over medium heat, until the sausage starts to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic and sauté for about 20 seconds, careful not to burn it!
- Pour in the chicken stock and cauliflower, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on, or until tender.
- Cook for another 7-10 minutes and serve with shredded cheddar cheese and a garnish of fresh parsley! Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freezer.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.SHARE ON FACEBOOK
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the button above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.