This is a great homemade soup to have on hand and you can even freeze it for later!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
During the fall and winter months, I always try to have extra chicken soup in my freezer. It's perfect for a week night when you don't have much time to prepare dinner. But also, it's great to have in case you're feeling under the weather and just want something already prepared that's nice and hot.
This soup is super easy to make, it uses my Homemade Chicken Stock that I make in this Instant Pot, you can get the recipe here. It also uses shredded chicken from this Easy Instant Pot “Roasted” Chicken.
What's in Chicken Soup with Cauliflower Rice
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Chicken Soup
Add the chicken stock to a large pot over medium high heat and bring to a simmer.
Add in the carrots and celery and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
Add in the chicken and cauliflower rice and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley.
The carrots are optional, so if you want to stay super low carb, you can certainly omit them. But before you decide, let's talk about carrots in soup for just a second:
What are the Carbs in Carrots? Are Carrots Keto?
In moderation, carrots are just fine on Keto, especially when they are just one of several ingredients in a recipe. Like in this soup, you're only eating a few pieces of carrots per serving of soup.
They are higher in carbs than some other veggies which has caused them to be somewhat in a gray area of if they are considered low carb or not. Two medium carrots have approximately 7 net carbs. When you consider that you're probably not eating even one carrot per bowl of soup, the carb count is fairly low.
Variations for Low Carb Chicken Soup
Keto Chicken Soup is so easy adjust to your own personal liking. Here are some of the most popular variations you may want to try:
- If you have a cold or the flu, adding a few red pepper flakes while it cooks can really help. It gives it just enough spice for an extra kick of flavor.
- If you're missing noodles in your soup, you can omit the cauliflower rice and serve over fresh zoodles. I have even served it with both the cauliflower rice and zoodles!
- If you don't have chicken stock, you can use bone broth instead. Bone broth is loaded with nutrients and is a great substitute when in a pinch.
- Add fresh sliced mushrooms is always a great idea!
- If you're short on time, you can certainly set and forget it. Cook put the cooked chicken and other ingredients in your slow cooker and cook it on high for about 4 hours. Or you can even cook Low Carb Chicken Soup in your pressure cooker.
What's the Best Way to Freeze Chicken Soup?
You can place cooled soup in an air tight container and place it in the freezer for up to a couple of months. You can also use freezer bags to pre-portion the sizes out. Be sure to label the outside so you will know when to use it by
I mentioned that I use Homemade Chicken Stock as the base for this soup. If you have never made your own chicken stock before, you should really try it. The flavor is so rich and intense and it's so nutritious and it only takes a few minutes of prep time.
It freeze beautifully making it easy to have some on hand when you need it.
You can always used boiled or poached or even store bought rotisserie chicken for this recipe. But for ultimate flavor, this Easy Instant Pot “Roasted” Chicken is as good as it gets. It has an insanely amount of flavor and is super easy to make.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
This Keto Chicken Soup is a great recipe for meal prepping. For even more tips, check out this article: 25+ Keto Meal Prepping Ideas!
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Chicken Soup with Cauliflower Rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, or make your own
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped (optional)
- Add the chicken stock to a large pot over medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Add in the carrots and celery and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and cauliflower rice and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.Rate this Recipe
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.