Mouth watering creamy comfort in a bowl. Keto Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup is full of flavor, easy to make and is ready in under 30 minutes.
Broccoli and cheese soup is just one of those versatile dishes that's good anytime of the year. Eaten as a hearty appetizer or served as a meal with cheddar jalapeno cornbread, this recipe is sure to be a stand out hit with everyone!
This low carb Broccoli Cheese Soup is made with all fresh, wholesome ingredients that come together to make this one delicious bowl of goodness.
Smooth and creamy Mascarpone cheese is used to thicken this Keto soup recipe without adding loads of carbs found in the traditional recipe.
The flavors are so exceptional, you'll want to keep this recipe on hand!
Ingredients for Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth
- Cheddar cheese
- Mascarpone cheese
- White wine
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup
Heat a pot to medium, add in the butter and sauté the onion until translucent.
Add in the garlic and sauté for another 15 seconds.
Add in the white wine to deglaze the pot, then pour in the broccoli and chicken bone broth.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is fork tender.
Blend up most of the broccoli with an immersion blender, leaving some chunks behind for added texture.
Add in the Mascarpone cheese and stir to melt it. Then add in the cheddar cheese, a little at a time, and stir till completely melted.
To store leftovers, place in a containers in the fridge for up to three days.
Can You Freeze Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup?
It's really not recommended that you freeze Broccoli Cheese Soup. It's best when eaten fresh or warmed up from the fridge.
Because of the cheese and other dairy in this recipe, it may cause the ingredients to separate once frozen and reheated.
Tips for Broccoli Cheese Keto Soup
This gluten free broccoli soup is so easy to make, but here's just a few tips you may find helpful:
- Try to use freshly grated cheese, when you can. Pre-shredded cheese is coated with an anti-caking agent when packaged and it can cause the cheese to clump in the soup while melting.
- Another tip for keeping the cheese smooth and creamy is to add it a little at a time, stirring well in between on low heat.
- Use fresh broccoli for this recipe. Frozen tends to be soggy and less flavorful when used in soup.
- When reheating low carb broccoli cheese soup, be sure to do so over low heat, whisking often to re-incorporate the ingredients. Reheating it on high heat will cause your soup to be grainy.
Substitutions Used in Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Spice things up a little. If you like a little heat, add red pepper flakes for a little extra kick.
- If you need a short cut, look for fresh pre-cut florets in your local produce department.
- It's all about the cheese! If you have another favorite cheese, other than cheddar, it's perfectly fine to substitute. You'll want to use a cheese with good meltability. White cheddar, gouda, provolone, and pepper jack are all good choices.
- If you're a super fan of cheese, you can add a grated hard cheese of your choice to the top of this recipe to give it just a little extra cheesiness. Parmesan and Romano work well with this soup.
- Though this Keto broccoli soup is perfect the way it is, if you want to add a little something extra, adding crumbled bacons compliments the flavors very well.
- This recipe calls for chicken bone broth. I use Kettle and Fire brand because I have found the flavor to be most like homemade stock. If you'd prefer to make your own chicken stock, you can certainly use it instead.
Is Broccoli Cheese Soup Keto?
Traditional broccoli and cheese soup is not Keto friendly, because flour is used to thicken it. This Keto soup recipe takes all those favorite flavors and with a few substitutions, transforms it into a perfect low carb version.
With healthy fat from the Mascarpone cheese and coming in with only 3 net carbs per serving, you couldn't ask for a better Keto meal.
More Delicious Keto Soups
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- Smoked Sausage and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
More Keto and Low Carb Recipes with Broccoli
Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 3 ½ cups broccoli, cut into florets (plus extra for garnish)
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pot to medium, add in the butter and sauté the onion until translucent. Add in the garlic and sauté for another 15 seconds.
- Add in the white wine to deglaze the pot, then pour in the broccoli and bone broth. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is fork tender.
- Blend up most of the broccoli with an immersion blender, leaving some chunks behind. Add in the mascarpone cheese and stir to melt it. Then add in the cheddar cheese and stir till completely melted.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.