This Instant Pot beef stew is the ultimate Keto comfort food! Tender chunks of beef with fresh vegetables swimming in a flavorful sauce, makes the perfect hearty dinner!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
This is such an easy pressure cooker Keto recipe to make! The beef bone broth that I use, really helps create so much flavor and is also so healthy! You can read more about the healthy benefits of bone broth in this article.
I use a mix of Keto veggies, to keep this a low carb beef stew. But you can get creative and add other Keto friendly veggies like parsnips or celery root, if you feel like you really need a replacement for potatoes.
I served mine over my Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower, so I honestly didn't miss the potatoes at all! The Instant Pot really helps tenderize the beef pretty quickly! You can always make this on the stovetop or with any pressure cooker that you have. See my tips below!
What's in Keto Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Beef stew meat
- Beef bone broth
- Green beans
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Diced tomatoes
- White wine
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Parsley
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make the Most Tender Beef Stew
Set your Instant Pot to the sauté setting.
Add the olive oil, beef, salt and pepper to the pot.
Sear each side of the beef, then remove and set aside.
Add in the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic and continue sautéing for another 20 seconds. Add in the white wine to deglaze the pot and scrape up the brown bits of flavor.
Add in the beef bone broth, tomatoes and herbs.
Then add the beef back in and lock the lid in place, set the valve to sealing.
Turn the pressure cook/manual setting to high pressure for 30 minutes, then quick release the steam and carefully remove the lid (away from you).
Turn the setting to sauté and add in the green beans, carrots, celery and mushrooms.
Continue cooking with the lid ajar, for 12-15 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
The juices reduce nicely when you cook the veggies, and give you the consistency somewhere between a soup and a gravy. If you’d like more of a gravy or sauce, you can add ¼-1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum and mix while the sauce is still cooking.
Tips for Making the Best Keto Beef Stew in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot model that I have is the Instant Pot DUO80 8 Quart 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer. If you don't have an Instant Pot, you can use any pressure cooker that you have.
If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can make this on the stove top, preferably in a dutch oven. Follow the same instructions, then when you get to the pressure cooking part, turn the heat down to medium low and cook covered for about 1 ½ - 2 hours or until the beef is super tender. Then add in the veggies and follow the rest of the instructions.
What Can I Serve with Keto Beef Stew?
Personally, my favorite way to serve this is with mashed cauliflower, or if you want more flavor, roasted garlic and rosemary mashed cauliflower. Both are so close to real mashed potatoes, you won’t believe it!
Or, if you want to lighten things up, you can serve it with a side salad and your choice of Keto salad dressings.
Variations of Low Carb Beef Stew
I use my favorite beef bone broth to give lots of flavor and moisture to this low carb beef stew. Alternatively, you can use beef stock, chicken stock or any type bone broth.
I also used beef stew meat that I bought already cut into small pieces. If you have a chuck roast, you can cut it up instead, just make sure the pieces are about 2 inches, otherwise you may have to cook it longer.
For the veggies, this recipes uses carrots, celery, onions, garlic, mushrooms and fresh green beans. If you are overly concerned about the sugar and carbs in carrots, you can skip them, but the impact is so minimal, I recommend keeping them in.
You can also add any other Keto friendly veggie that you like.
Can you Have Carrots on Keto?
Absolutely! But because they are a root vegetable, they do contain more sugar than cruciferous veggies, so eat them sparingly. The good news is, this Keto beef stew is so filing you only need a small amount to get all the flavor you're looking for.
How Many Carbs in Carrots?
There are about 4.3 net carbs in carrots. And that's for an entire medium sized carrot. And since there are only 2 medium carrots used in this entire recipe, that serves 8 the carbs are minimal.
More Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Instant Pot Ropa Vieja
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 ½ pounds beef stew meat or chuck, cut into small chunks
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut
- 6 ounces baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup diced tomatoes in the can, lowest carb
- ⅓ cup white wine, I use Pinot Grigio
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Add the olive oil, beef, salt and pepper to the pot. Sear each side of the beef, then remove and set aside.
- Add in the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic and continue sautéing for another 20 seconds. Add in the white wine to deglaze the pot and scrape up the brown bits of flavor.
- Add in the beef bone broth, tomatoes and herbs. Then add the beef back in and lock the lid in place, set the valve to sealing. Turn the pressure cook/manual setting to high pressure for 30 minutes, then quick release the steam and carefully remove the lid (away from you).
- Turn the setting to sauté and add in the green beans, carrots, celery and mushrooms and continue cooking with the lid ajar, for 12-15 minutes or until the carrots are fork tender.
- The juices reduce nicely when you cook the veggies, and give you the consistency somewhere between a broth and a gravy. If you’d like more of a gravy or sauce, you can add ¼-1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum and mix while the sauce is still cooking.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
Thank you for the easy directions. It came out prefect, making it again for company!
Keto Cooking Christian
I love hearing this! I am so glad you enjoyed it.
So nice and hearty on a cold day!
Keto Cooking Christian
Thanks so much. It really is!
This beef stew was delicious and easy. Enough for two dinners. Yum.