Enjoy this smooth and creamy Low Carb mashed cauliflower at your next meal! Roasted garlic and fresh rosemary give it great flavor and an elegant twist, making it perfect for special occasion dinners.
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
A lot of people struggle with making Keto mashed cauliflower that isn’t watery. Not with this recipe! This is so close to real mashed potatoes and has great flavor from the rosemary and roasted garlic.
With this method, gone will be the days of thin and watery mashed cauliflower. There’s plenty of healthy Keto fats in this recipe, which also makes it thick and super creamy. Pureeing it in a food processor really helps it get nice and smooth.
This will soon become one of your favorite Keto side dishes and you’ll want to make different versions of it, changing up the flavors from time to time. It will pair with just about any protein, pot roast, chicken, pork, ham and even turkey! This is a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving, Resurrection Sunday or Christmas dinner table!
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make the Best Mashed Cauliflower?
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Roasted garlic
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make the Best Mashed Cauliflower
How to Roast Garlic in the Oven
Preheat oven to 400F. Cut a head of garlic in half, horizontally.
Drizzle the top with olive oil and pinch of salt and cover in aluminum foil. Place in a ramekin on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the garlic is soft and caramelized. During the last 5 minutes, remove the foil and drizzle a little more olive oil over the top.
Allow to cool slightly, then gently squeeze out the garlic, without the skins. You’ll need 1 1/2 tablespoons for this recipe.
How to Make Thick and Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
Tips for Making the Best Mashed Cauliflower
How to Avoid a Watery Mashed Cauliflower
How to Add Flavor to your Mashed Cauliflower
Is Garlic Keto Friendly?
Yes, but make sure you use it in moderation. Garlic adds so much flavor to dishes and you really don’t need to use much anyway.
How Many Carbs in Garlic?
1 clove of garlic has about 1 carb each and as I mentioned, since you don’t need to use much of it, the impact on your daily carbs is minimal.
Is Cauliflower Good for a Keto Diet?
Oh yeah! Cauliflower is one of the Keto superfoods. It makes a great Low Carb substitute for rice, mac & cheese and mashed potatoes. You can prepare cauliflower so many different ways like Lime Cilantro or Mexican Cauliflower Rice, Jalapeño Popper “Mac” and Cheese, Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole, “Potato” Salad and even Mushroom “Risotto”. For more creative ways to prepare cauliflower, check out this roundup!
How Many Carbs in Cauliflower?
More Low Carb and Keto Side Dishes…
Looking for more Keto side dishes? Be sure to check out these 50 Best Keto Side Dishes roundup!
Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower – Keto/Low Carb
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut a head of garlic in half, horizontally. Drizzle the top with olive oil and pinch of salt and cover in aluminum foil. Place in a ramekin on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the garlic is soft and caramelized. During the last 5 minutes, remove the foil and drizzle a little more olive oil over the top. Allow to cool slightly, then gently squeeze out the garlic, without the skins. You’ll need 1 1/2 tablespoons for this recipe.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Add it to a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a plate and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and pat with paper towels pressing gently to dry.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and puslse for a minute Then add in all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. If you want your cauliflower to be thicker, add only 2 tablespoons of butter. If it want it a little thinner, add in 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Serving with a pat of butter and fresh rosemary over the top. Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze.