Cauliflower sautéed in grass-fed butter, chopped cilantro and a punch of lime makes this one tasty side dish! And it's so quick and easy to make!
Cauliflower rice has become pretty popular lately with those who are on Keto or low carb diets. This version is fresh and packed with flavor!
Dressed up plain cauliflower rice that's been sautéed in grass-fed butter, chopped cilantro and a punch of lime juice and zest makes this one tasty Keto side dish!
Making your own cauliflower rice is so simple and more cost effective. Just a few easy steps and you will always want to make your own!
You can even skip the lime and cilantro if you'd like it plain, or add a variety of different herbs and spices to create your own flavor.
What's in Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
Add a small amount of the cauliflower florets to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you get rice-sized pieces.
Remove and add to a bowl, while you process the next batch.
Continue the process until all the florets have been riced.
Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat and add in the riced cauliflower.
Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired texture.
Remove from the heat and mix in the cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice and zest.
If you have leftovers, it can be stored in the fridge for a few days or freeze.
Tips for Making Perfect Keto Cauliflower Rice
- One of the main questions people ask about cauliflower rice is, "Can I use frozen instead of fresh?". You can use frozen cauliflower, just add a little extra cooking time. One bag of frozen cauliflower rice replaces one medium head of cauliflower. You also want to make sure there're no additional ingredients listed on the bag, it should just say, cauliflower and sea salt.
- Don't overcook cauliflower rice. You don't want to steam it like regular grain rice, you want to sauté it in some sort of fat, like butter or olive oil.
- Be careful about adding too much liquid or sauce. Unlike rice, cauliflower is not as absorbent and you can end up with a soggy dish if you’re not mindful of this tip.
- If you want to use fresh cauliflower, but need a time saver, most grocery stores will have pre-cut florets you can use.
- Don’t be afraid of seasoning. Cauliflower by itself has a bland taste so it takes on the flavor of other ingredients you use really well.
Lime cilantro cauliflower rice is perfect served with this Thai Red Curry Coconut Pork.
Or this Asian Glazed Salmon.
The flavors of this Keto cauliflower rice are especially delicious with this Burrito Bowl.
Or even this Easy Stir Fry Pork.
Additional Flavor Options for Low Carb Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice on Keto is so versatile you can use most any of your favorite ingredients. Here's some of the most popular:
- Grated hard cheese like Parmesan
- Diced red bell pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
- Chopped and seeded Roma tomatoes
- Toasted sliced almonds
Are There Carbs in Cauliflower?
There're 5 grams of carbs in 1 cup of cauliflower. 2 of those grams are from fiber which makes the net carbs only 3 grams for a whole cup.
Is Cauliflower ok for Keto?
Not only is it okay, cauliflower is a staple for most people on Keto and low carb diets. It acts wonderfully as a substitute for rice or mashed potatoes.
You can add it in many Keto casseroles, like this excellent Roasted Cauliflower Ham and Cheese Casserole, or serve it with your favorite seasonings as a low carb side dish.
More Keto Cauliflower Recipes
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower
- Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, unsalted
- Juice of 2 small limes, (or 1 big)
- Zest of 2 small limes, (or 1 big)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add a small amount of the cauliflower florets to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you get rice-sized pieces. Remove and add to a bowl, while you process the next batch. Continue the process until all the florets have been riced.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat and add in the riced cauliflower. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired texture (I like mine with a little bite to it).
- Remove from the heat and mix in the cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice and zest. Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.60% OFF KETO EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.