Cauliflower is the MVP of Keto friendly veggies! And if you're looking for the best Keto Cauliflower recipes to add to your menu, this collection has you covered!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
There is no better way to round off a delicious low carb meal than with a decadent Keto side dish. Cauliflower is an absolute delicious vegetable for that. It's not only the perfect side, you can use it in many Keto main courses as well.
This collection of low carb cauliflower recipes will satisfy all your Keto comfort food cravings. From rich and hearty Keto cauliflower casseroles or Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese, to Loaded Cauliflower Mash (that taste so much like potatoes) or even the very best cauliflower rice recipes, you'll find what you're looking for right here!
Fun Facts about Cauliflower
Do you find cauliflower as interesting as I do? I don't call many vegetables interesting but cauliflower is the exception. Check out some of these facts about cauliflower you may not know:
- Did you know that cauliflower was once considered a delicacy in England, served for special occasions or in only the richest and most elegant dishes. It was referred to as "Italian Asparagus," which is super interesting since cauliflower is actually part of the same family as cabbage, not asparagus.
- In order to keep white cauliflower from turning yellow from exposure to the sun, farmers will cover the head of cauliflower with its largest leaves to protect it once the head reaches about the size of a small orange.
- Cauliflower comes in a variety of beautiful colors. The most common you'll find, other than the most popular color, white, is the green, purple and orange.
- Cauliflower's close cousins are kale, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
Cauliflower Nutrition Facts
On top of its versatility, there are many health benefits to cauliflower. It's packed with fiber, and many vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, calcium, sodium, zinc, folate, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins B complex, C, K and E!
In fact, this article on Healthline sums it up really well when it says, "Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, containing some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need." How is that for impressive!
Tips for Buying and Storing Cauliflower
- Look at the color- Always look for cauliflower heads that are uniformly creamy white in color. From time to time you might see a head of cauliflower with some light brown spots. Though the spots are not harmful, it's a sign of oxidation resulting from being stored a little too long.
- It should pass the smell test- Fresh cauliflower should smell, well, fresh! As cauliflower begins to age, it will really begin to smell strongly and most certainly have an unpleasant taste.
- Moisture is not a friend of cauliflower- When you purchase cauliflower from most grocery stores, it comes wrapped in a plastic covering, which can trap moisture. As soon as you get it home, unwrap it and put it in a zip lock bag with a dry paper towel to help absorb moisture. This will help extend the shelf life of cauliflower in the fridge. This is also a great time to pre-chop your cauliflower for recipes you'll be needing it for.
I hope you have found these Keto cauliflower recipe ideas helpful! If you decide to make any of these, please leave a comment and let us know how you enjoyed them!
*All photos and recipes in this article are copyrighted by the original food blog author, listed under the title. Please click on the “Get Recipe” button to get the full written recipes with steps, which are the sole property of each respective website.