Delicious, lemony shrimp scampi is lightly sautéed in a grass-fed butter, garlic, wine sauce, served over a bed of low carb cauliflower rice!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Looking for a quick and delicious meal? Well, this one is sure to please! This healthy shrimp scampi recipe is loaded with flavor and is so easy, it's certain to be a weeknight favorite!
This Keto shrimp scampi recipe features tender, succulent, jumbo shrimp lightly sautéed in grass-fed butter with the perfect amount of white wine and fresh garlic, served on a bed of low carb cauliflower rice.
The perfect combination of these flavors will leave only one question remaining, "When do we eat?!"
What gives this Keto Shrimp Scampi recipe an added burst of flavor is you'll cook the cauliflower rice in the lemon, garlic, shrimp juices. The flavors are amazing. This is a perfectly healthy shrimp recipe that you'll make time and time again
Though this recipe uses cauliflower rice, you could easily serve the shrimp over Palmini Linguini, or zoodles that you buy frozen or make homemade using a spiralizer. Palmini pasta is one of my favorite substitutes for the read thing. It has an al dente texture and the flavor absorbs the flavors what ever sauce you serve it with.
What's in Keto Shrimp Scampi
- Cauliflower rice
- White wine
- Olive oil
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Shrimp Scampi
Using a small, sharp kitchen knife, cut each shrimp partially down the middle, careful not to cut all the way through, leaving the tails on. In a large skillet over medium heat, add in the butter and olive oil.
Once the butter has melted, add in the minced garlic and lemon zest.
Next, in go the shrimp! Sprinkle half of the parsley on top, then pour in the white wine and lemon juice. Cover and sauté the shrimp for just a few minutes, until they turn pink. They cook quickly, so don't walk away from them!
Once the shrimp have turned nice and pink, remove them from the pan juices and set them aside.
You'll want to cover the shrimp to keep them warm while you cook the cauliflower rice.
Add in the cauliflower rice, remaining parsley, salt and pepper and cook (stirring often) for another 5-7 minutes, or until it reaches your desired texture.
Plate the cauliflower rice then serve the shrimp on top with a squeeze of tangy lemon and a garnish of fresh parsley.
The mouth-watering flavors of the low carb sauce will fill your kitchen with a wonderful aroma! This easy shrimp recipe is just too good to be true! Try it for yourself and you will see.
Are There Carbs in Shrimp?
Shrimp are very low in carbs. In fact, there's approximately 1 gram of carbohydrates in 6 ounces of cooked shrimp!
Are Shrimp Keto Friendly?
Absolutely! Not only are shrimp very low carb and low calorie, they're packed with nutrition. The amount of protein in shrimp is very impressive, making up over 70% of their calories. They're a good source of selenium, B12 and iron. If you'd like to read more about the nutrition in shrimp, check out this article.
Tips for Buying Shrimp That Make the Perfect Low Carb Scampi
- Look for fresh, domestic, wild-caught shrimp when available.
- If you have to buy frozen, look at the ingredients. It should just say, "shrimp and water."
- For this low carb shrimp recipe, jumbo shrimp are my personal favorite. But, you can use large. Just make sure you use at least a 16-20 count shrimp. This means there're 16-20 shrimp per pound.
- Make sure to buy shrimp with the tails on for this recipe.
- To make Keto Shrimp Scampi in a snap, select shrimp that have shells that are already split. This makes peeling so much easier.
- Don't be afraid to ask to touch and smell the shrimp at your grocery store or fish market. You want to avoid shrimp with a strong "shrimpy," or ammonia-like smell or those with a slimy or soft texture.
More Keto Shrimp Recipes
- Grilled Lime Cilantro Shrimp Skewers
- Shrimp alla Vodka
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Keto Fried Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp in Lettuce Wraps
Keto Shrimp Scampi over Cauliflower Rice
- 24 ounce of raw large or jumbo shrimp, peeled/deveined tails on
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup white wine, I use Pinot Grigio
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut each shrimp partially down the middle, careful not to cut all the way through, leaving the tails on. In a large skillet over medium heat, add in the butter and olive oil. Once the butter is melted, add in the garlic and lemon zest.
- Add in the shrimp on top, then sprinkle half of the parsley, pour in the white wine and lemon juice. Cover and sauté the shrimp for just a few minutes, until they turn pink. Once cooked, remove the shrimp, leaving behind all the juices. Keep the shrimp warm while you cook the cauliflower rice.
- Add in the cauliflower rice, remaining parsley, salt and pepper and cook (stirring often) for another 5-7 minutes, or until it reaches your desired texture. I like mine a little on the al dente side. Serve the shrimp over a bed of cauliflower rice, with a squeeze of lemon and a garnish of fresh parsley.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.SHARE ON FACEBOOK
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the button above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.