Fried shrimp coated with a classic bang bang sauce and dinner is served in 15 minutes!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
The bang bang sauce in this recipe is absolutely delicious! Once you make it, you will find yourself wanting to use it over and over again!
Bang Bang was one of my favorite dishes before I started Keto! I made a few adjustments to my previous recipe to make it Keto friendly and it is certainly not lacking that wonderful flavor! It’s easy to throw together and serve when you are pressed for time, and delivers a spicy kick!
The real star of this show is the Bang Bang Sauce! I use it to make my Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Bang Bang Sauce and even use it in my Bang Bang Salmon Cakes! Both are absolutely delicious and definitely worth trying!
For the Shrimp:
- Large shrimp
- Heavy cream
- Apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Coconut flour
- Keto-friendly oil (for frying)
For the Low Carb Bang Bang Sauce:
How to Make Bang Bang Shrimp
Mix togther the apple cider vinegar and the heavy cream, then set it aside.
In a separate bowl, add the mayonnaise, Sriracha, Sambal and Swerve, mix to combine.
Place your peeled and devieined shrimp in a bowl and pour the Heavy cream and vinegar mixture over them. Give them a good toss to coat.
Heat a skillet to medium high and add your favorite Keto friendly mild oil (I use a light olive oil or avocado oil). Dip the shrimp in the coconut flour and gently place them in the oil.
Fry them for 3-4 minutes, or until they are pink and the coating is nice and golden.
Coat the shrimp with the sauce and then top them off with scallions and serve over a bed of mixed greens.
More Keto Shrimp Recipes:
- Grilled Lime Cilantro Shrimp Skewers
- Shrimp alla Vodka
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
- Keto Shrimp Scampi with Cauliflower Rice
- Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Fried Shrimp
Also try my Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Bang Bang Sauce recipe!
Or my Bang Bang Salmon Cakes…
More Asian Inspired Keto and Low Carb Recipes…
- Thai Curry Coconut Soup
- Easy Stir Fry Pork
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Asian Grilled Chicken with Peanut Ginger Slaw
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Pork
Bang Bang Shrimp – Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
For the Shrimp
- Add the vinegar to the heavy cream, mix and set aside. In a separate bowl, add the mayonnaise, Sriracha, Sambal and swerve, mix to combine.
- Pour the cream and vinegar mixture over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat a skillet to medium high and add your favorite mild flavored oil. Dip the shrimp in the coconut flour and fry 3-4 minutes, or until they are pink.
- Coat the shrimp with the sauce, top with scallions and serve over a bed of mixed greens.