A zesty low carb shrimp wrap with lime cilantro veggie slaw, diced avocado and a delicious drizzle of homemade Bang Bang sauce over the top.
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
These Keto shrimp lettuce wraps are packed with so much flavor you won’t even miss the tortillas! Topped with an out-of-this-world low carb Bang Bang sauce adds the perfect combination of sweet and spicy!
These wraps feature a zesty lime, cilantro, low carb coleslaw nestled inside bibb lettuce cups with succulent shrimp, diced avocado and a delicious tangy homemade Bang Bang sauce drizzled over the top. It just doesn’t get any better!
Spicy Keto shrimp wraps are perfect for get-togethers, a quick lunch or even an easy weeknight meal.
You simply can’t imagine how divine these low carb spicy shrimp wraps are! If you are looking for tasty Keto shrimp recipes, give these a try and they will not disappoint!!
Ingredients for Low Carb Bang Bang Shrimp
- Smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
- Avocado (I use Haas)
- Bibb lettuce
- Lime zest and juice
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Grass-fed butter
- Cabbage/veggie slaw mix
- Jalapeño pepper
- Sour cream
- Heavy Cream
- Bang Bang Sauce
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
To Make the Keto Shrimp
Place the smoked paprika, cumin, garlic salt, pepper, lime zest and olive oil to a ziplock bag and mix it up.
Add in the shrimp, seal up the bag and toss them well to make sure they’re completely coated.
Place the bag in the refrigerator while you make the Bang Bang sauce and slaw.
To Make the Lime Cilantro Slaw
Add all the slaw ingredients, except for the cabbage, to a large bowl.
Whisk until everything is well combined.
Next, add your cabbage/ veggie slaw mix and toss to coat. Allow the slaw to sit at room temperature and make the Bang Bang sauce.
Once your sauce is made, it is time to cook the shrimp.
To Cook the Shrimp
This is an excellent low carb shrimp recipe that is very versatile, so it’s not only just for wraps, it’s excellent for a stand alone entrée. Heat a skillet to medium heat and add in the butter.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade and gently put them over into the butter. You’ll cook the shrimp for a just few minutes, making sure you flip them often.
They will cook quickly so be careful not to overcook them. They are done when they begin to firm up.
To Assemble the Shrimp Wraps
Add some of the Keto coleslaw to each piece of lettuce. Next, place a few of your low carb shrimp and some avocado cubes over the slaw. Top with a healthy drizzle of the Bang Bang Sauce.
Garnish your lettuce wraps with fresh cilantro and a wedge of lime.
Do youself a favor and double the Bang Bang sauce recipe! It will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
It is delicious served over Keto Salmon Cakes, your favorite low carb fried fish recipe or even drizzled over sliced avocado for a healthy snack. You can even eat this sweet and spicy sauce over breakfast omelets for a little extra kick.
This is the lettuce that I used, but you can certainly use your favorite lettuce. If you’d rather serve them in a tortilla, check out this Low Carb Tortilla recipe!
If you want to change things up, you can make this same recipe with salmon, or the fish of your choice. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time and macros accordingly.
Tips for Buying Shrimp for Low Carb Spicy Shrimp Wraps
- Look for fresh, domestic, wild-caught shrimp when available.
- If you have to buy frozen, look at the ingredients. It should just say, “shrimp and water.”
- Medium size shrimp are best for this recipe. Shrimp will shrink some when cooked, so take that into consideration with choosing the ones you want.
- To make healthy shrimp recipes in a jiffy, select shrimp that have already been split down the spine. This makes peeling so much easier.
- Don’t be afraid to ask to touch and smell the shrimp at your grocery store or fish market. You want to avoid shrimp with a strong “shrimpy,” or ammonia-like smell or those with a slimy or soft texture.
Are There Carbs in Shrimp?
Shrimp are very low in carbs. In fact, there’s approximately 1 gram of carbohydrates in 6 ounces of cooked shrimp!
Are Shrimp Keto Friendly?
Absolutely! Not only are shrimp very low carb and low calorie, they’re packed with nutrition. The amount of protein in shrimp is very impressive, making up over 70% of their calories. They’re a good source of selenium, B12 and iron. If you’d like to read more about the nutrition in shrimp, check out this article.
More Keto Shrimp Recipes:
- Grilled Lime Cilantro Shrimp Skewers
- Shrimp alla Vodka
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
- Keto Shrimp Scampi with Cauliflower Rice
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Keto Fried Shrimp
Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Bang Bang Sauce – Keto and Low Carb
For the shrimp
For the Lime Cilantro Slaw
- 5 ounces cabbage/veggie slaw mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper seeded rib removed and minced
- 1 teaspoon scallions green parts, sliced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 1/2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 batch Bang Bang Sauce
For the Shrimp
- Add the smoked paprika, cumin, garlic salt, pepper, lime zest and olive oil to a ziplock bag. Add in the shrimp, seal up the bag and toss the shrimp to make sure it’s completely coated. Refrigerate while you make the sauce and slaw.
To Make the Lime Cilantro Slaw
- Add all the slaw ingredients, except for the slaw, to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Add in the slaw and toss to coat. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the shrimp.
To Assemble the Lettuce Wraps
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add in the butter. Cook the shrimp for a few minutes on each side, careful not to overcook them.
- Add some of the slaw to each piece of lettuce. Add a few shrimp and avocado cubes over the slaw, then top with a healthy drizzle of the bang bang sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a wedge of lime.