This Bonefish Grill copycat Keto Bang Bang Sauce is a flavorful, creamy and spicy sauce with classic Asian flavors. Enjoy it as a dipping sauce for shrimp, salmon, fish tacos and even chicken tenders!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Bang Bang Sauce
- 🛒 Ingredients for Bang Bang Sauce
- 🔪 How to Make Bang Bang Sauce
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- 🍴 What to Serve Bang Bang Sauce With
- What is bang bang sauce made from?
- Is Bang Bang Sauce Keto?
- How Many Carbs in Bang Bang Sauce?
- Is Bang Bang sauce the same as Yum Yum?
- Is Bang Bang sauce the same as boom boom sauce?
- 🍽️ More Keto Sauce Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Bang Bang Sauce
- Classic bang bang sauce made Keto friendly
- Bonefish Grill copycat sauce
- Bold and slightly spicy Asian flavors
- Creamy texture
- Made with only 4 ingredients
- Use in a variety of dishes
This Keto version of Bang Bang Sauce has such amazing flavor! If you've never tried it before, you're in for a real treat! It has a little spicy kick to it, and is perfect to drizzle over shrimp, salmon or fish.
But there are a number of other creative ways to use it, and I've listed them down below. Once you make this sauce, you'll even be looking for new ways to use it. It's just that good!
This homemade Keto condiment sauce is also so easy to make, using just 4 ingredients. It's the perfect fusion of classic Asian flavors, in a creamy and slightly spicy sauce. If you like these same bold flavors, be sure to try my Asian Grilled Chicken with Peanut Ginger Slaw, Thai Red Curry Coconut Pork, Thai Cucumber Salad or this Asian Glazed Salmon.
🛒 Ingredients for Bang Bang Sauce
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Bang Bang Sauce
Add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl.
Whisk them together and allow to sit for at least 10-15 minutes so the flavors can meld together.
It's best when it's been sitting for about an hour in the fridge
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftover bang bang sauce in an airtight jar in the fridge for 5-7 days.
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- If you don't have mayonnaise, you can either make your own or substitute with plain Greek yogurt instead.
- If you can't find traditional Sambal, you can use Sambal with garlic instead. If you cannot find either, you can use a sugar-free sweet Thai chili paste and just omit the sweetener in this recipe.
- Sriracha offers a little spicy kick, and it's a key ingredient. So if you don't like things too spicy, add a little more mayonnaise to tame the heat a bit, without losing any of the flavor.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and zest to brighten up the flavors.
- If you like garlic (and who doesn't!?), try adding a small clove of freshly grated garlic in the sauce for an Asian spin on a spicy aioli.
- Many versions of Bang Bang Sauce use honey, so if you like that flavor and texture, you can omit the monk fruit/allulose and substitute with sugar-free honey instead.
🍴 What to Serve Bang Bang Sauce With
This quick and easy Keto sauce is delicious on just about everything. Once you have the ingredients on hand, you can whip up a batch in minutes. Here are some all time favorite ideas you could try:
- Something that I've done quite often is add some heavy cream, thinned out with a little water to turn this Bang Bang sauce into a salad dressing. It's absolutely delicious!
- Try it drizzled over you morning omelet. The sauce goes so well with eggs and cheese working perfectly to wake up the same ole, same ole omelet flavors.
- I love charred/sautéed greens! Kale, spinach even collard greens will take on a whole new life when you spoon a little right over the top before serving them. It is especially delicious when served over this Grilled Broccolini!
- If you enjoy a little kick to your dipping sauces, try this Bang Bang sauce recipe on the side of these Keto Chicken Tenders.
- Bang Bang Sauce can double as a dipping sauce when served with Fried Avocado Fries or Eggplant Fries.
What is bang bang sauce made from?
The Bang Bang Sauce from Bonefish Grill, which this is a Keto version of, has sweet Thai chili sauce and Sriracha. I opted for an unsweetened Thai chili paste and added a Keto friendly sweetener.
Is Bang Bang Sauce Keto?
Sure is! The ingredients are all completely Keto friendly and also, loaded with healthy fats from the mayonnaise.
How Many Carbs in Bang Bang Sauce?
This Keto version of Bang Bang Sauce uses all Keto friendly ingredients, it only has 1 net carb per serving!
Is Bang Bang sauce the same as Yum Yum?
No, Yum Yum Sauce has a slight tomato flavor to it.
Is Bang Bang sauce the same as boom boom sauce?
Boom Boom Sauce also differs from Bang Bang Sauce in that it has more of a mustard-vinegary flavor to it.
🍽️ More Keto Sauce Recipes
- Bearnaise Sauce
- Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Easy Cheese Sauce for Veggies
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce
- Homemade Pesto
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Bang Bang Sauce
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Originally published on March 30, 2019, updated on January 18, 2024 with improvements to the recipe, photos, new recipe information and helpful tips.