I am a huge fan of Béarnaise Sauce, but I also love Hollandaise. This sauce brings the two together into one delightful combination!
One of my favorite meals is filet mignon with fresh asparagus, and they would traditionally use both sauces, which make this Keto version the absolute perfect merger of the two!
This Béarnaise Sauce goes so beautifully with both the filet (or any steak) and asparagus, you'll want it on your steak every time!
If you've been hesitant in attempting to make these sauces because they seemed a bit daunting, you're in for a pleasant surprise! This recipe is quick and very easy to put together! If you're having trouble adding enough fat into your dinners, this sauce will get you there!
What's in Béarnaise Sauce
- Egg yolks
- Grass-fed unsalted butter
- White wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
- White wine
- Salt and pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Béarnaise Sauce
Add the white wine, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, shallots, salt, pepper, and half of the tarragon leaves, in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is reduced to about ¼ cup.
Pour the mixture into a food processor and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Add the egg yolks and mix for 30 seconds. Then add the butter in a heatproof cup with a pour spout and heat up in the microwave (or heat directly in another saucepan).
With the food processor running, very slowly stream in the hot butter.
Add the remaining tarragon and pulse for 2 seconds. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more white wine.
Pour the Béarnaise Sauce directly over steak and asparagus. Enjoy!
Store leftover sauce in the fridge and when you are ready to use it again, add a little hot water and whisk. It reheats this way beautifully, and the texture is still creamy and velvety!
What is Béarnaise Sauce?
Béarnaise is a rich and creamy yellow French sauce made from a reduction of vinegar and wine mixed with shallots and tarragon and thickened with egg yolks and butter. It is often served with steak at fine dining restaurants and high-end steakhouses.
Other Ways to Serve Béarnaise Sauce
True enough, the most traditional way of serving Béarnaise Sauce is with a mouth-watering, juicy steak. But once you get the hang of making the sauce, you'll soon be looking for other tasty ways to use it. Here are some quick ideas to give you inpsiration:
- The flavors go well drizzled over a spinach, cheddar and ham omelet.
- To really add extra decadence add some to the top of this Keto Smoked Salmon Crustless Quiche.
- You can't beat the flavors of this Béarnaise sauce when spooned over this Grilled Rosemary Citrus Chicken or with this Instant Pot Roasted Chicken.
- If you prefer, you can substitute the Hollandaise sauce in this Eggs Benedict recipe with Béarnaise Sauce.
- Grilled veggies will never be the same! This sauce is perfect with grilled asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms or any of you favorite grilled or pan roasted veggies.
More Keto Sauces
- Easy Alfredo Sauce
- Easy Cheese Sauce for Veggies
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce
- Homemade Pesto
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Béarnaise Sauce... with a twist - Keto
- 3 egg yolks (room temperature)
- ½ pound grass-fed unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
- Add the white wine, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, shallots, salt, pepper, and half of the tarragon leaves, in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the mixture is reduced to about ¼ cup.
- Add the mixture to a food processor and allow to cool for a few minutes. Add the egg yolks and mix for 30 seconds. Add the butter in a heatproof cup with a pour spout and heat up in the microwave (or heat directly in another saucepan).
- Then, with the food processor running, very slowly stream in the hot butter. Add the remaining tarragon and pulse for 2 seconds. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more white wine. Pour directly over steak and asparagus. Enjoy!
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.