Light and fluffy pancakes with amazing texture, and a fresh strawberry sauce drizzled over the top!
I'm so excited to share these fluffy pancakes with you! They're absolutely amazing!
Have you ever made low carb/Keto pancakes that taste too eggy, fall apart when you try to flip them, deflate by the time they hit the plate, or just have an odd texture? Not these!!! The texture is spot on!
Everyone love light and fluffy pancakes, so I've been experimenting with low carb pancakes for a while and found the perfect combination of ingredients that's most reminiscent of traditional pancakes.
What's in Fluffy Low Carb Pancakes
- Almond flour
- Oat fiber
- Pure vanilla extract
- Swerve Confectioners (or powdered Erythritol)
- Baking powder
- Heavy cream
- Avocado oil
- Homemade Strawberry Sauce or your favorite sugar-free syrup
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Fluffy Keto Pancakes
Separate the eggs. Using a hand mixer whip the egg whites until you get soft peaks then set aside.
Add the egg whites in and mix briefly.
In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. Batter should be a little loose, but not too runny. Add a little more heavy cream, if needed.
Add some avocado oil, coconut oil or clarified butter/ghee to a skillet on low heat and add the pancake batter to make pancakes of about 4” in diameter.
Make them on the smaller side and cook them on low heat with a lid on for a few minutes on each side, this is key!
Top with butter and this Homemade Strawberry Sauce.
Toppings for Low Carb Pancakes
While Strawberry Sauce is definitely popular, there are so many ways to change these gluten free pancakes up. Here are just a few ideas that may inspire you:
- Mix a few sugar free chocolate chips in the batter-the kids will love them!
- Along with maple syrup, chopped pecans are always a big hit.
- If you'd like a little different flavor, use a small dash of espresso powder or instant coffee to the batter. It gives it a subtle coffee flavor.
- You also substitute the extract with any flavor you like as well. Coffee, coconut, maple are all great extracts you could try.
Tips for Storing Leftover Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes
This fluffy Keto pancake recipe is so quick and easy, making a double batch and freezing them means you can have healthy pancakes on hand when you need a quick low carb breakfast.
For leftovers, line a sheet pan with parchment paper, place the pancakes in a single layer on the pan. Allow the pancakes to come to room temperature, before putting them in the freezer for 2 hours. Place the frozen pancakes in a freezer safe container or freezer bag.
If they are completely frozen, they should not stick. If you want to ensure they don't stick, place a small piece of parchment paper between each frozen pancake before storing. Store up to two months in freezer.
More Keto and Low Carb Pancake Recipes
If you like danish, be sure to try this Strawberry Cheese Keto Danish!
What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It's pure insoluble fiber, which doesn't dissolve in water and isn't broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that's why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
To get the best results, it's best to use oat fiber if you can. If you're unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Keto Fluffy Pancakes - Gluten Free
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup Oat Fiber , see notes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons swerve confectioners , or powdered Erythritol
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Avocado oil for the pan, or coconut oil, clarified butter, ghee
- Optional Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Separate the eggs. Whip the egg whites in a mixing bowl until you get soft peaks and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the egg yolks, swerve, vanilla and the heavy cream. Mix using a hand mixer for about 2 minutes. Add the egg whites in and mix briefly.
- In a separate bowl mix the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. Batter should be a little loose, but not too runny. Add a little more heavy cream, if needed.
- Add some avocado oil, coconut oil or clarified butter/ghee to a nonstick skillet on low heat and add the pancake batter to make pancakes of about 4” in diameter. Cook them on low heat with a lid on for a few minutes on each side, this is key!
- Top with butter and my (optional) Homemade Strawberry Sauce!
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Keto Cooking Christian eBook Collection
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.