Enjoy the bright and fresh flavors of this quick and easy air fryer asparagus. It’s perfectly seasoned, roasted and topped with a grating of fresh parmesan cheese!
FREE KETO FAT BOMBS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
- Perfectly seasoned, roasted and topped with parmesan cheese
- Made with just a few simple ingredients
- Takes less than 15 minutes to prepare
- Pairs well with any protein
If you need a simple side dish in a hurry, you’ll love this air fried asparagus recipe! It takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish.
It pairs so well with just about any protein you decide to make. Air fry your asparagus while you’re making some Baked Salmon in the oven, Grilled Skirt Steak or Lemon Chicken on the stovetop. Your whole family will undoubtedly appreciate the bright and fresh flavors of this Keto asparagus.
What You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Asparagus
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
How to Make Asparagus in Air Fryer
Wash, dry and trim the woody part of the asparagus.
Place on a plate and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
Add the garlic salt, ground black pepper and (optional) red pepper flakes. Toss to combine, making sure all the asparagus is well coated.
Line up the asparagus in the basket of your air fryer in a single layer.
Turn your air fryer on to 400°F and cook for 6-8 minutes or until as tender as you like it.
Top with the some freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Asparagus with Parmesan
While this asparagus will pair with just about any protein, these are some of my favorites:
- Creamy Chicken Dijon
- Keto Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs
- Keto Meatloaf
- Mississippi Pot Roast
The asparagus becomes tender, the color lightens up and the edges because slightly browned.
How do you keep asparagus crisp?
It’s best to keep it in a glass of water in the fridge, as you might do with certain fresh herbs.
Do I need to blanch asparagus before frying?
Personally, I do not. I like mine with a slight firmness to it and I also like a little char on the edges because it gives it more flavor.
How do you cook asparagus so it's not chewy?
If you follow the directions and cooking time/temperature in this recipe, they should not be chewy. If you have thicker asparagus, you’ll want to extend the cooking time a little.
Is asparagus good on Keto?
Absolutely! Not only is it low in carbs, but it’s rich in fiber, Vitamins K, C and A. You can read more about the health benefits of asparagus in this article.
Will asparagus kick you out of ketosis?
There is no reason it should ever kick you out of ketosis.
How do you cook asparagus on Keto?
There are many different ways to make Keto asparagus, like Cheese Roasted Asparagus with Crispy Prosciutto, Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus or you can simply roast or steam it and drizzle some easy homemade Hollandaise sauce over the top.
Is Asparagus Keto? How many carbs are in asparagus?
There are about 5 net carbs per cup of asparagus, making it perfect for a Keto or low carb diet.
What is the Best Air Fryer to Use?
For this recipe, I used the Smart K10 Air Fryer by Ultenic:
- Incredibly easy to use, with 11 preset buttons for fish, steak, chicken, shrimp, etc.
- Smartphone app to control the air fryer
- Fully adjustable time and temperature buttons
- Preheat and keep warm function buttons
- Large capacity basket
- Very quiet while running
You can check out the Smart K10 Air Fryer here and use code: KETOAIRFRYER for an extra $20 OFF!
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Pork Tenderloin
- Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Wings
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Air Fryer Asparagus
- Wash, dry and trim the woody part of the asparagus. Place on a plate and drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- Add the garlic salt, ground black pepper and (optional) red pepper flakes. Toss to combine, making sure all the asparagus is well coated.
- Line up the asparagus in the basket of your air fryer in a single layer.
- Turn your air fryer on to 400°F and cook for 6-8 minutes or until as tender as you like it.
- Top with the some freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.