This delicious baked salmon is smothered in a fresh, creamy dill sauce. It’s a decadent and yet super easy Keto recipe that’s full of flavor!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
The rich, buttery texture of this baked salmon makes for perfect leftovers to serve on a simple salad the next day or use to make Keto Salmon Cakes. If you’ve ever been hesitant about fish, I think this recipe will change your mind!
Capers along with fresh lemon zest and juice gives it a tangy, refreshing, briny/salty bite! This sauce is packed with flavor and would also be great with any fish you like. This baked salmon is perfect for a healthy, weeknight dinner, made in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients to Make Keto Baked Salmon
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Salmon in the Oven
There’s no need to be intimidated by this delicious recipe, even if you’ve never cooked salmon before, this recipe will come out great if you follow these easy steps.
To Make the Salmon Dill Sauce
All you have to do to create this rich and delicious sauce is mix the fresh dill, sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, capers, lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl and allow to sit at room temperature while you make the salmon.
How to Cook the Salmon
First, you will preheat your oven to 400F.
Next, line a sheet pan with foil and put a wire rack on top of it.
Then place the salmon on top of the rack. This will make your clean up so simple!
Brush each piece with olive oil.
Once you’ve prepped the salmon with oil, it’s time to season it. A simple blend of salt, pepper, and dill will give it such great flavor! Bake it for 10 minutes.
Increase the temperature to 450F and bake for another 5-8 minutes
You’ll know it’s been long enough when the salmon is flaky when you test it with a fork.
Now all that’s left is to enjoy it! You can serve your flaky salmon steaks with creamy dill sauce and capers.
If you own an air fryer, you will love this Air Fryer Salmon! And if you like Tilapia like I do, try this Easy Keto Baked Tilapia! It only takes 25 minutes to make, which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner!
More Keto and Low Carb salmon recipes…
- Asian Glazed Salmon
- Easy Skillet Salmon Piccata
- Cajun Salmon Alfredo
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
- Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce – Keto and Low Carb
- 6 pieces fresh salmon (about 2″ wide/4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
To Make the Sauce
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and allow to sit at room temperature while you make the salmon.
To Make the Salmon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the salmon on a wire rack, placed on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup). Brush each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and dill over the tops.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 450F and bake for another 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with a healthy dollop of the sauce over the top of the salmon, and garnish with some dill and capers.