Mouth-watering bacon wrapped asparagus grilled to perfection, then brushed with a sugar free glaze makes a delicious and decadent Keto side dish!
Regardless if you are just tired of the same ole vegetable side dishes or if you're wanting something a little more decadent to serve when guest are over, you simply can't do any better than these amazing little asparagus bundles? What makes them so great? Uh, BACON! Isn't everything better with bacon?
And as an added surprise, these Keto bacon wrapped asparagus are brushed with an amazing sugar free apricot glaze that takes the flavors to a whole new level.
Just because these Keto asparagus bundles look elegant, don't let that fool you! They only take minutes to prepare and use just a few ingredients, making them the perfect Keto side dish anytime you're grilling out!
Don't get me wrong, asparagus is wonderful all by itself. It's such a versatile vegetable too! But when it's wrapped in bacon, this recipe is tasty enough to even serve as a light meal!
What's in Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Uncured bacon
- Sugar-free apricot jam
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Heat up your grill, while you prepare the asparagus.
Wash, dry and cut the ends off your asparagus.
In bundles of 3 spears, wrap a single piece around the bundle tightly, leaving both ends exposed. Secure gently with toothpicks.
Once your grill is hot, grill the bundles for a few minutes on each side.
Remove the bundles and brush with with the glaze, then grill for another 2-3 minutes on each side.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Makes 10 bundles of 3 asparagus spears in each, serving size is 2 bundles.
Can Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Be Made Ahead of Time?
They sure can! If you are know you'll be grilling bacon wrapped asparagus, you can prepare the bundles the night before. Wrap them up with bacon, cover them with some plastic wrap and place them in the fridge until the next day.
Likewise, you can cook your bacon wrapped asparagus in advance. Just let them cool completely and place them in an air tight container until you're ready to reheat them. You can reheat them in a skillet or throw them back on the grill for a few minutes. They will crisp back up and will be just as delicious.
Are Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Keto?
They are OH SO Keto! Not only is asparagus a wonderful vegetable option for Keto it's low in carbs and a good source of fiber, you also have the bacon! Bacon is a great source of protein and healthy fat! The sugar free jam is a great way to add a little touch of sweetness with out adding any carbs. With only two net carbs per serving, you just about can not choose a more Keto friendly side dish than this one.
Asparagus is so good for you too. This article on Healthline, states, "Asparagus is a low-calorie vegetable that is an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, especially folate and vitamins A, C and K."
Something as simple as asparagus tips sautéed with mushrooms or if you're wanting something a little cheesy, this Cheesy Roasted Asparagus is a delicious and healthy way to make sure you're getting your green veggies!
Tips for Buying and Storing Asparagus
- Asparagus tips are where most of the flavor is found but it's also the spot on the spear that can spoil the quickest. When buying asparagus, make sure the tips are firm and tightly closed and the asparagus stalks do not have any dark spots.
- Don't be afraid to smell it. Believe it or not, it doesn't take asparagus long to go bad and when it starts, the first indication is the way it smells. Asparagus that's on the way out will smell slightly sour and unpleasant.
- Choose the size of your asparagus based on the cooking method. Thin spears are great for a quick sauté or for grilling with little prep work. Thicker asparagus spears will need to be trimmed using a veggie peeler, then blanched before cooking in order to be tender.
- A lot of people do not realize the best way to maximize the freshness of asparagus is to treat them like you would fresh cut flowers. Trim off a little from the bottom of each spear and place them in a jar with a little bit of water in the bottom. Place a paper towel over the tops of the spears. This will help keep them fresher for several more days .
Other Uses for Sugar-Free Apricot Jam
You'll notice that this recipe uses a sugar-free apricot jam from Good Good. If you're on the fence about giving it a try, let me encourage you to do so.
It's by far the best sugar free jam I've tasted. I like to use it as a Keto substitute for honey to thicken and add sweetness to homemade salad dressings.
And if you're wondering what you should do with the remaining jam in the jar, here are some awesome ideas that will put it to delicious use:
- Using apricot jam in a vinaigrette dressing, like in this recipe, is so tasty. If you like the sweet and tangy flavor, you may also enjoy this Sugar Free Apricot Vinaigrette recipe. It is especially good on this Grilled Shrimp Salad.
- The sweetness in the jam is fabulous with bacon. Yep, bacon! Use it in this Easy Hot Bacon Dressing over a spinach salad or with Brussels Sprouts.
- I absolutely love a summertime berry medley. You can take some of this jam and thin it out with a little water and simple syrup made with Swerve or Allulose and drizzle over a bowl of berries. It makes a super easy dessert everyone will love.
- Last but not least, in its simplest form, Sugar Free Apricot Jam serve with homemade Keto Biscuits is so good, you won't even miss traditional jam.
More Keto Side Dishes
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 30 fresh asparagus spears
- 10 slices uncured bacon, thinly cut
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free apricot jam
- 2-3 teaspoons hot water
- Heat up your grill, while you prepare the asparagus. Wash, dry and cut the ends off your asparagus.
- In bundles of 3 spears, wrap a single piece around the bundle tightly, leaving both ends exposed. Secure gently with toothpicks.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.