This sugar-free Hot Bacon Dressing is the perfect Keto dressing served over a spinach salad. It's tangy, with a little sweetness and lots of bacon flavor!
Everyone loves a good salad. One of the best low carb salads you will ever make, features this homemade Hot Bacon Dressing. It has the most unique flavor that you just can't get from store bought dressings.
The saltiness from the bacon along with the sweetness from sugar-free apricot jam, makes an amazing Keto salad dressing with perfectly balanced flavors.
With just six simple ingredients you will have the BEST gluten free salad dressing recipe, that you'll want to use time and time again.
What's in Keto Hot Bacon Dressing
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Easy Hot Bacon Dressing...
Cut your bacon into small pieces.
Add them to a skillet and fry them over medium heat until crisp. Be careful not to burn them!
When the bacon appears brown and crisp, remove it from the heat and set aside.
Into the drippings, add the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes.
Once the shallots are slightly translucent, add in the sugar-free apricot jam, brown Swerve, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and water.
Whisk until combined and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
Then add the bacon back into the pan. Continue to whisk until the bacon is well coated with the dressing.
You'll want to serve this Keto friendly dressing over your salad while it’s still warm.
If you want, double the recipe and store the leftovers in a clean jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. It will need to be reheated and mixed well before using.
Hot Bacon Dressing Salad Ideas
There are so many options to make the perfect warm spinach salad. Here are some of my favorites, but feel free to add your own favorite low carb ingredients...
- Because the warmth of this bacon dressing recipe will slightly wilt the salad greens, use baby spinach because it's sweeter than adult spinach but it holds up well to the dressing.
- Boiled eggs
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Goat cheese
- Pine nuts
- Grilled chicken tenders/Rotisserie chicken
- Shredded pork tenderloin
- Sliced mushrooms
Tips for Using Leftover Bacon Drippings
- There can never be too much bacon grease! When stored properly, it doesn't even need to be refrigerated. You should always strain bacon grease and store it in a covered container. I prefer this bacon keeper because it comes with a strainer and it's stainless steel.
- Leftover bacon grease adds an amazing seasoning to most any vegetable you cook. Add some to your pan when sautéing cabbage, zucchini, asparagus or brussels sprouts. Try using bacon grease to caramelize onions.
- Cook your morning eggs in a little bacon grease for extra flavor.
- To get a beautiful pan sear on hamburgers, use a little bacon grease in the bottom of a cast iron skillet to cook them.
- If you haven't pan fried salmon filets in bacon grease, you don't know what you're missing. Pan fry your filets in bacon grease for a few minutes on each side then finish in a 400F oven until desired doneness is reached.
Other Uses for Sugar-Free Apricot Jam
You'll notice that this recipe uses a sugar-free apricot jam from Good Good. If you're on the fence about giving it a try, let me encourage you to do so.
It's by far the best sugar free jam I've tasted. I like to use it as a Keto substitute for honey to thicken and add sweetness to homemade salad dressings.
And if you're wondering what you should do with the remaining jam in the jar, here are some awesome ideas that will put it to delicious use:
- Using apricot jam in a vinaigrette dressing, like in this recipe, is so tasty. If you like the sweet and tangy flavor, you may also enjoy this Sugar Free Apricot Vinaigrette recipe. It is especially good on this Grilled Shrimp Salad.
- The sweetness in the jam is fabulous with bacon. Yep, bacon! Give it a try with these Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles. They have a apricot glaze that sends them right over the top! It also delicious in this Brussels Sprouts recipe, adding the perfect amount of sweetness.
- I absolutely love a summertime berry medley. You can take some of this jam and thin it out with a little water and simple syrup made with Swerve or Allulose and drizzle over a bowl of berries. It makes a super easy dessert everyone will love.
- Last but not least, in its simplest form, Sugar Free Apricot Jam serve with homemade Keto Biscuits is so good, you won't even miss traditional jam.
More Keto and Low Carb Bacon Recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Brussels Sprouts with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken
More Keto and Low Carb Salad Dressings:
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Ranch
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Creamy Balsamic
- Thousand Island
- Chipotle Ranch
- Creamy Garlic Italian
- Classic Ranch
- Blue Cheese
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Easy Keto Hot Bacon Dressing
- Heat a large skillet to medium and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside. Add in the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in the sugar-free apricot jam, brown Swerve, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and water.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.