This sugar-free Hot Bacon Dressing is the perfect Keto dressing served over a spinach salad. It's tangy, with a little sweetness and lots of bacon flavor!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Everyone loves a good salad. One of the best low carb salads you will ever make, features this homemade Hot Bacon Dressing. It has the most unique flavor that you just can't get from store bought dressings.
The saltiness from the bacon along with the sweetness from sugar-free apricot jam, makes an amazing Keto salad dressing with perfectly balanced flavors.
If you have extra apricot jam, don't throw it out! It goes wonderfully with these low carb drop biscuits. Or for a really tasty breakfast option, heat the leftover jam slightly and pour it over these delicious homemade Keto waffles.
With just six simple ingredients you will have the BEST gluten free salad dressing recipe, that you'll want to use time and time again.
What's in Keto Hot Bacon Dressing
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Easy Hot Bacon Dressing...
Cut your bacon into small pieces.
Add them to a skillet and fry them over medium heat until crisp. Be careful not to burn them!
When the bacon appears brown and crisp, remove it from the heat and set aside.
Into the drippings, add the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes.
Once the shallots are slightly translucent, add in the sugar-free apricot jam, brown Swerve, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and water.
Whisk until combined and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
Then add the bacon back into the pan. Continue to whisk until the bacon is well coated with the dressing.
You'll want to serve this Keto friendly dressing over your salad while it’s still warm.
If you want, double the recipe and store the leftovers in a clean jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. It will need to be reheated and mixed well before using.
Hot Bacon Dressing Salad Ideas
There are so many options to make the perfect warm spinach salad. Here are some of my favorites, but feel free to add your own favorite low carb ingredients...
- Because the warmth of this bacon dressing recipe will slightly wilt the salad greens, use baby spinach because it's sweeter than adult spinach but it holds up well to the dressing.
- Boiled eggs
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Goat cheese
- Pine nuts
- Grilled chicken tenders/Rotisserie chicken
- Shredded pork tenderloin
- Sliced mushrooms
Tips for Using Leftover Bacon Drippings
- There can never be too much bacon grease! When stored properly, it doesn't even need to be refrigerated. You should always strain bacon grease and store it in a covered container. I prefer this bacon keeper because it comes with a strainer and it's stainless steel.
- Leftover bacon grease adds an amazing seasoning to most any vegetable you cook. Add some to your pan when sautéing cabbage, zucchini, asparagus or brussels sprouts. Try using bacon grease to caramelize onions.
- Cook your morning eggs in a little bacon grease for extra flavor.
- To get a beautiful pan sear on hamburgers, use a little bacon grease in the bottom of a cast iron skillet to cook them.
- If you haven't pan fried salmon filets in bacon grease, you don't know what you're missing. Pan fry your filets in bacon grease for a few minutes on each side then finish in a 400F oven until desired doneness is reached.
More Keto and Low Carb Bacon Recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Brussels Sprouts with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken
More Keto and Low Carb Salad Dressings:
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Ranch
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Creamy Balsamic
- Thousand Island
- Chipotle Ranch
- Creamy Garlic Italian
- Classic Ranch
- Blue Cheese
Easy Keto Hot Bacon Dressing
- Heat a large skillet to medium and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside. Add in the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in the sugar-free apricot jam, brown Swerve, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and water.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.