Marinated and grilled tender shrimp over a fresh green salad and topped with a tangy apricot vinaigrette. This low carb salad is packed with amazing flavor and is very satisfying!
You're going to love this flavorful salad with sugar free apricot vinaigrette. It makes a perfect lunch or a quick and easy dinner when you’re wanting something a little on the lighter side.
Sweet and tangy apricot vinaigrette smothers perfectly grilled shrimp, creamy avocado, crispy cumbers, juicy cherry tomatoes and tender lettuce greens.
The flavors in this salad are all rounded off with a little chunks of feta cheese. The flavor profile of this salad is simply amazing!
Ingredients for Keto Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
- Raw Shrimp
- Olive oil
- Romaine or butter lettuce
- Feta cheese
- Sugar-Free apricot jam
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Grilled Shrimp Keto Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
To Make the Shrimp
Add the shrimp to food storage bag.
Pour the marinade over the top, seal up the bag and toss to make sure all the shrimp is well coated. Allow the marinade to sit for 15-20 minutes, while you heat up your grill.
Add your shrimp onto the skewers and grill for just a couple of minutes on each side or until they have just turned pink.
To Make the Apricot Sugar Free Salad Dressing
This is one of the easiest yet tastiest vinaigrettes you’ll ever make. Add all the dressing ingredients to the mini chopper bowl that comes with an immersion blender.
Pulse until the dressing has emulsified, then set aside.
To Assemble the Grilled Keto Shrimp Salad
Add the lettuce to each salad bowl add a row of the tomatoes down one side and cucumber slices on the other.
Add the cubes of feta cheese next to the cucumbers and the sliced avocado on the other.
Finally, add the grilled shrimp down the center.
Drizzle some of the low carb homemade salad dressing over the top and serve.
Substitutions for Keto Shrimp Salad
- You can swap out the shrimp with grilled chicken or even pork tenderloin.
- With this sugar free apricot dressing recipe, you can use most any of your favorite sugar free jams. Just read the label carefully. Not everything that says sugar free or Keto friendly is.
- Any crispy green veggie works with this salad. Try spinach, iceberg lettuce, dandelion greens or spring mix.
- If you're needing additional fat, add pine nuts, chopped macadamia nuts or sliced almonds for a little crunch.
- Avocado oil can be used in stead of olive oil in the vinaigrette.
- For a little bit of a smoky flavor, fried bacon pieces are a great addition.
Are Shrimp Keto?
Absolutely! Not only are shrimp very low carb and low calorie, they're packed with nutrition. The amount of protein in shrimp is very impressive, making up over 70% of their calories.
They're a good source of selenium, B12 and iron. If you'd like to read more about the nutrition in shrimp, check out this article.
How Many Carbs in Shrimp?
Shrimp are very low in carbs. In fact, there's only about 1 gram of carbs in 6 ounces of cooked shrimp!
Tips for Buying Shrimp
With shrimp taking center stage in this salad, you'll want to make sure you buy the best shrimp possible. Here are some tips you may find helpful:
- Try to always buy fresh, wild caught shrimp when possible.
- If you have to buy frozen, look at the ingredients. It should just say, "shrimp and water."
- For this Keto Shrimp Salad, jumbo or large shrimp are recommended, which are anywhere between 16-30 count shrimp. This means they're 16-30 shrimp per pound.
- To make this recipe in a jiffy, select shrimp that have already been split down the spine for easy peeling. You want to leave the tails on for grilling them.
- Save and freeze your shrimp shells to make an excellent seafood stock later.
- Don't be afraid to ask to touch and smell the shrimp at your grocery store or fish market. You want to avoid shrimp with a strong "shrimpy," or ammonia-like smell or those with a slimy or soft texture.
More Keto Shrimp Recipes
- Coconut Shrimp with Dipping Sauce
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp
- Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Lime Cilantro Shrimp Skewers
- Fried Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Shrimp alla Vodka
- Shrimp Scampi with Cauliflower Rice
More Keto Salad Recipes
- Big Mac Cheeseburger Salad
- Zucchini Zoodle "Pasta" Salad
- Classic Cobb Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Jalapeno Popper Egg Salad
Other Uses for Sugar-Free Apricot Jam
You'll notice that this recipe uses a sugar-free apricot jam from Good Good. If you're on the fence about giving it a try, let me encourage you to do so.
It's by far the best sugar free jam I've tasted. I like to use it as a Keto substitute for honey to thicken and add sweetness to homemade salad dressings.
And if you're wondering what you should do with the remaining jam in the jar, here are some awesome ideas that will put it to delicious use:
- Using apricot jam in a vinaigrette dressing, like in this recipe, is so tasty. If you like the sweet and tangy flavor, you may also enjoy this Easy Hot Bacon Dressing over a spinach salad or with Brussels Sprouts.
- The sweetness in the jam is fabulous with bacon. Yep, bacon! Give it a try with these Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles. They have a apricot glaze that sends them right over the top!
- I absolutely love a summertime berry medley. You can take some of this jam and thin it out with a little water and simple syrup made with Swerve or Allulose and drizzle over a bowl of berries. It makes a super easy dessert everyone will love.
- Last but not least, in its simplest form, Sugar Free Apricot Jam serve with homemade Keto Biscuits is so good, you won't even miss traditional jam.
More Sugar Free Salad Dressings
- Hot Bacon Dressing
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Bacon Ranch Dressing
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Dressing
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Garlic Italian Dressing
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE SALAD
- 8 cups chopped romaine or butter lettuce
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese, cubed
- 1 avocado, sliced
TO MAKE THE SHRIMP
- Pour the marinade over the top, seal up the bag and toss to make sure all the shrimp is well coated. Allow the marinade to sit for 15-20 minutes, while you heat up your grill.
- Add your shrimp onto the skewers and grill for just a couple of minutes on each side or until they have just turned pink.
TO MAKE THE APRICOT VINAIGRETTE
- Add all the dressing ingredients to the mini chopper bowl that comes with an immersion blender. Pulse until the dressing has emulsified, then set aside.
TO ASSEMBLE THE SHRIMP SALAD
- Add the lettuce to each salad bowl add a row of the tomatoes down one side and cucumber slices on the other.
- Add the cubes of feta cheese next to the cucumbers and the sliced avocado on the other. Finally, add the shrimp down the center. Drizzle some of the dressing over the top and serve.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Keto Cooking Christian eBook Collection
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.