Traditional pasta salad turned Keto! Spiralized zucchini replaces pasta in this low carb version that is refreshing and loaded with flavor!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
When fresh produce is in season, there're few things better than a deliciously cool and crisp salad! And where a pasta salad has been a long standing favorite for many, those on Keto have to skip it.
That was until now! An unbelievably tasty raw zucchini salad has so many amazing and very familiar flavors, it's much like traditional pasta salad, but without all the carbs!
There're so many different things you can use in this mock pasta salad! You can use a variation of tomatoes, any type of cheese you like, dried sausage instead of pepperoni, you can add artichoke hearts or roasted red pepper if you'd like. It all about adding your favorite low carb salad ingredients!
I used my Creamy Balsamic Dressing in this salad, but you can use any low carb salad dressing that you like.
This is an easy Keto and low carb side dish that takes just minutes to put together! The flavors are so great, you honestly won't even miss the pasta! No, I am serious! You really won't, it's just that tasty.
What's in Keto Zoodle Salad
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- Pepperoncini rings
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Low Carb Zucchini "Pasta" Salad
Add in the tomatoes, cucumber, pepperoncini and pepperoni.
Then add in the olives and feta cheese.
Pour the dressing over the top and toss.
Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes, and the longer it sits, the better the flavor!
Leftover Keto zucchini salad will keep in the fridge, in an air tight container, for up to a couple of days.
Can I Freeze Keto Zoodle Salad?
It's really recommended that you make and serve this low carb zoodle salad fresh or having marinated for a few hours in the fridge. Because of the varying ingredients in it, it's not recommended for freezing.
But because this easy Keto salad comes together so quickly, you can have it ready and on the table in no time!
Looking for something to serve with this Zucchini Salad? Try these Italian Bread Sticks! They're warm and chewy and oh so good!
Variations for Zucchini "Pasta" Salad
Honestly, the possibilities are endless with this low carb salad and can certainly be tailored according to your personal taste. Here're some variations that often work really well:
- If you don't want to use balsamic dressing, you can simply use extra virgin olive oil and a little lemon juice as a dressing or any other of your favorite low carb dressings.
- If feta cheese isn't your thing, you can used shaved parmesan instead.
- For a really great addition, these Marinated Mushrooms, are fantastic sliced and mixed in with the salad.
- Most grocery stores have an olive bar that offers a variety of mixed olives. These make a wonderful change and add even more color to this salad.
- Want a little crunch? Sliced yellow or red bell peppers are a great idea! Or even pecans or walnuts will add some crunch, if you'd like.
- If you want to add a little more heat, you can substitute the pepperoncini peppers for jalapeno rings.
Is Zucchini Keto? What Are the Carbs in Zucchini?
Zucchini is a versatile Keto friendly vegetable. For a one cup serving, there are only 3 net carbs in zucchini. It can be eaten raw or cooked in many Keto main courses. Not only is it ideal as a pasta replacement, Zucchini is the perfect Keto side dish.
It's not only a low carb veggie, it's also very nutritious. It is loaded with vitamins A and C, is a great anti-oxidant and is a wonderful source of fiber!
More Ways to Eat Zucchini on Keto
- Use zucchini boats as a carrier for all your favorite low carb toppings. These Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini Boats make and excellent Keto entrée.
- Did you know that zucchini could even be dessert? Well it can. Try them in these delicious Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. Your kids will love them and they'll never know what the secret ingredient is.
- Are missing something crunchy? These gluten free Zucchini Fries make the perfect Keto side dish. And the sugar free dipping sauce is just out of this world delicious!
- You can also thinly slice zucchini and use it as pasta sheets in Keto Zucchini Lasagna! Your family will love you for this one. The meat sauce is amazing!
More Keto Salad Recipes
- Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
- Greek Salad with Dressing
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Dressing
- "Big Mac" Cheeseburger Salad
- Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Egg Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Classic Cobb Salad with Ranch Dressing
Other Veggies You Can Spiralize
If you hate kitchen gadgets with a single purpose, then you'll love your spiralizer. This gadget can make meal prep a breeze when you need things sliced in julienne form or want your fruit for the kids spiralized for a fruit salad.
You can use it with bell pepper, summer squash, cucumbers, cabbage and onions. It makes salad prep a breeze but it can also help veggie prep for stir fry and other quick cook meals.
For more meal prep tips and tricks, check out this article, 25 Meal Prep Ideas.
More Low Carb and Keto Sides
- Easy Cole Slaw
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto
- Parmesan Baked Artichoke Hearts
- Brussels with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Lime Cilantro Broccoli Slaw
- Easy Creamed Spinach
Zucchini Noodle "Pasta" Salad
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 8 slices cucumber, halved
- 10 slices pepperoni, halved
- ¼ cup pepperoncini rings
- ½ cup of my Creamy Balsamic Dressing, or other Low Carb dressing
- Spiralize the zucchini and cut into small pieces, then add to a large mixing bowl. Add in the tomatoes, cucumber, pepperoncini and pepperoni.
- Then add in the olives and feta cheese. Pour the dressing over the top and toss.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes, and the longer it sits, the better the flavor!
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.