Deliciously fresh and low carb vegetables all come together in this quick and easy classic Greek salad topped with a homemade savory vinaigrette dressing!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
One of the best parts of summer time salads is being able to use beautiful in season vegetables. They have such vibrant colors and the flavors stand alone without having to have a heavy or complicated dressing.
This traditional Greek salad, also known as Village Salad, could not be easier to make. This is a wonderful Mediterranean style, no fuss, salad that starts and ends with the freshest of ingredients!
From fresh ripe tomatoes and cucumbers to a simple olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing. It all comes together to create the easiest and most refreshing Keto side dish.
What’s in Keto Greek Salad
- English cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes
- Yellow bell pepper
- Kalamata olives
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Swerve confectioners
- Dried oregano
- Dijon mustard
How to Make a Keto Greek Salad
In a large mixing bowl add in the cucumbers.
Then add in the tomatoes, yellow pepper, red onion, Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Then set aside.
Blend until fully combined.
Pour over the salad and gently toss, making sure everything is well coated.
You can chill it in the fridge for an hour before serving or serve right away. Add a dusting of dried oregano right before serving.
If you miss the big chunks of bread normally served with Greek Salad, these Italian Bread Sticks are a great substitution. Or, if you want something with a little more spice, these Seasoned Tortilla Chips would be great served with it.
Is There Lettuce In a Greek Salad?
Nope! In a traditional Greek salad, there’s no green leafy stuff. But with all the robust flavors in this low carb Greek salad, you won’t miss it!
Can I Make Keto Greek Salad in Advance?
You can certainly prepare the vegetables in advance. Pre-chop all the veggies and put them in individual containers or zip lock bags then within an hour of serving, put all the ingredients in a bowl and toss with the dressing.
This Keto oil and vinegar dressing recipe can be made up to an hour in advance. Just mix it up and leave it sitting on the counter until you’re ready to use it. Give it a good mix and pour over the salad.
Is Greek Salad Keto? What are the Carb in Greek Salad?
If you look over the list of ingredients in this recipe, one thing should stand out. Every ingredient is Keto-friendly. How awesome is that? And the salad uses all tradtional ingredients without having to make any alterations.
Though it has about 4 net carbs per serving, all of those carbs come from fresh low carb produce. And this salad is literally a nutrient power house. If you’re curious about the nutritional value of olives, cucumbers, tomatoes or any of these ingredients, Healthline has so many wonderful articles for you to check out.
Variations to Greek Salad
- If you want a more complete meal, add grilled shrimp or chicken, leftover lamb or steak to the salad.
- Avocado oil can be used to substitute the olive oil if you’d prefer.
- Kalamata olives are used in this recipe, but if your local grocery store has an olive bar, a mixed variety of olives would be a great idea.
- Don’t tell any of your Greek relatives, but Parmesan cheese works really well with the other flavors in this salad. I can’t help it, I’m Italian!
- Raw sliced zucchini can be used in addition to or in place of the cucumbers.
How to Store Leftover Greek Salad
This salad is best eaten within a few hours of making it, but you can put leftovers in an air tight container and store over night. The vegetables won’t be as crisp and they will have more of a marinated texture, but it’ll still have an excellent flavor.
More Low Carb and Keto Salads
- Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
- Keto “Big Mac” Cheeseburger Salad
- Zucchini Noodle “Pasta” Salad
- Easy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Classic Cobb Salad with Ranch
Keto Greek Salad and Dressing
For the Salad
- 1 English Cucumber sliced into half moons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2/3 cup yellow bell pepper sliced
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 2/3 cup red onion sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese cubed
- In a large mixing bowl add in the cucumbers. Then add in the tomatoes, yellow pepper, red onion, Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Then set aside.
- In the bowl of a mini chopper or immersion blender, add in all the dressing ingredients. Blend until fully combined.
- Pour over the salad and gently toss, making sure everything is well coated.
- You can chill it in the fridge for an hour before serving or serve right away. Add a dusting of dried oregano right before serving.