All the great flavors of lasagna, stuffed into a zucchini boat, baked with melted mozzarella cheese on top!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
These delicious Keto zucchini boats have a perfect blend of ricotta and parmesan cheeses, Homemade Meat Sauce and then topped with melted mozzarella cheese!
Low carb zucchini boats put such a fun spin on lasagna and are super easy to make!
If you find yourself missing Italian food on the Keto diet, this Italian zucchini is such a great alternative!
They only take about 30 minutes to make and you can have a hearty and very satisfying dinner on the table!
What's in Keto Stuffed Zucchini
- Homemade Meat Sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Preheat oven to 375F.
Cut each zucchini in half length-wise.
Scoop out the centers with a spoon. This will not be used in this recipe, but you can use to make my Chocolate Zucchini Muffins!
In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan, salt, pepper and most of the basil (reserving a little for garnish).
Drizzle the bottom of a glass or ceramic baking dish with olive oil.
Add some of the cheese mixture into eat zucchini half.
Then top with the meat sauce.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the zucchini reaches your desired tenderness. Mine took exactly 25 minutes, I prefer mine slightly firm.
Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 450F. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the tops of each zucchini boat and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
What are Zucchini Boats?
They are simply zucchini squash that have been split down the middle length wise, culled out in the middle and loaded up with any of your favorite fillings.
Can I Freeze Keto Stuffed Zucchini Boats?
You certainly can. Place the zucchini boats in a freezer safe container in a single layer. Put a piece of parchment paper on top of them before adding another layer. This prevents them from stick together while freezing.
How to Reheat Keto Zucchini Boats?
It is recommended that you reheat these stuffed zucchini in a preheated oven. The microwave makes them a little too soft and mushy.
What are the Carbs in Zucchini?
Zucchini on Keto is a great choice. For an entire medium sized zucchini there are only about 3 net carbs! This makes zucchini a great low carb vegetable to incorporate into your Keto weekly meal planning.
What Fillings Can I Use in Zucchini Boats?
There are literally countless possibilities for fillings in zucchini on Keto. Here are some of the most popular:
- Bacon and cheddar
- Taco meat
- Pizza toppings
- Cheese of your choice with sour cream and chives
- Cheeseburger fixings
More Low Carb Zucchini Recipes
More Italian Keto Recipes
- Baked Italian Meatballs
- Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Shrimp alla Vodka
- Italian Breadsticks
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Skillet
Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 2 small/medium zucchini
- 1 cup Homemade Meat Sauce
- ⅔ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the centers with a spoon.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan, salt, pepper and basil. Drizzle the bottom of a glass or ceramic baking dish with olive oil. Add some of the cheese mixture into eat zucchini half and top with the meat sauce.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the zucchini reach your desired tenderness. Mine took exactly 25 minutes, I prefer mine slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven and increase the temperature to 450F. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the tops of each zucchini boat and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.