Low Carb and Keto friendly breaded chicken breasts baked in homemade marinara sauce and topped with gooey mozzarella cheese!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Who says you can’t have good Italian food on a Keto diet? This all time family favorite dish is given a Keto makeover and with these flavors, no one will be able to tell the difference!
Gooey mozzarella cheese over perfectly breaded chicken breast, all baked in delicious homemade marinara makes this one irresistible Keto Italian recipe!
What’s in Keto Chicken Parmesan?
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Low carb marinara sauce
- Almond flour
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pork rinds
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Dried basil
- Dried Oregano
- Ground pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Chicken Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400F.
Set up your breading station with the chicken, beaten eggs and breading mixture. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then into the breading mixture.
Add some extra virgin olive oil to a skillet and lightly fry the chicken on medium heat for just a few minutes on each side (will continue cooking in the oven).
Brush some olive oil on the bottom of a ceramic or glass baking casserole. Add 1/4 cup or so of the marinara sauce to coat the bottom, then add the chicken.
Top each piece of the chicken with the remaining Keto marinara sauce and the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 375F, then increase the temperature to 450F and cook 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
Allow to cool slightly and serve with your favorite Keto-friendly vegetable. Or serve over Palmini “linguine” Low Carb pasta substitute that’s made from hearts of palm!
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for a few days to a few days.
If you’re looking for additional meal prep ideas, this article, “ 25+ Meal Prepping Ideas,” may give you some inspiration.
What are the Carbs in Marinara?
We all know that authentic Italian cooks add a dash of this and a dash of that to their marinara sauce. A lot of times those dashes may be sugar or spices that have ingredients not recommended for Keto or low carb diets.
By making a few healthy substitutions, the marinara used in this Keto Chicken Parmesan only has 4 net carbs per 1/4 cup serving.
More Low Carb Italian Recipes
- Baked Italian Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Shrimp alla Vodka
- Italian Bread Sticks
- Creamy Chicken Cacciatore
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan FAQs
What makes this Chicken Parmesan recipe Keto? The traditional recipe typically dredges chicken breasts in regular flour. But this recipes uses pork rinds instead, making it a delicious and low carb alternative.
How many carbs are in chicken parmesan? There’s approximately 5 net carbs per serving in this low carb chicken parmesan recipe.
Can I freeze leftover Keto Parmesan Chicken? Yes! This recipe freezes beautifully. Just place the leftovers in an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to a couple of months. To reheat, thaw in the fridge over night then reheat in the oven on 350F until it is heated through.
Tips for the Best Keto Chicken Parmesan
- If you need to save a little time, you can use pork panko instead of grinding whole pork rinds.
- To reheat this Keto chicken parmesan, tent it with foil and heat on 350F until warm.
- If you don’t have chicken breasts, you can use chicken tenders. Just make sure you adjust your cooking time.
- Nothing beats the flavor of freshly grated parmesan, but if you’re in pinch for time, you can use the kind that is already grated. Just make sure you read to labels to make sure they do not include anti-caking ingredients.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Francese
- Creamy Poblano Chicken
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
Chicken Parmesan – Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
- 1 pound organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 4 – 4 ounce cutlets)
- 1 cup low carb marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground pork rinds, plain
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grind your pork rinds in a food processor or mini chopper. Remove and set aside. Add cubes of parmesan cheese and grind till you get a granular consistency, like the pork rinds.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix using a hand whisk or fork, until well combined.
- Set up your breading station with the chicken, beaten eggs and breading mixture. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then into the breading mixture.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil to a skillet and lightly fry the chicken on medium heat for just a few minutes on each side (will continue cooking in the oven).
- Brush some olive oil on the bottom of a ceramic or glass baking casserole. Add 1/4 cup or so of the marinara sauce to coat the bottom, then add the chicken. Top each piece of the chicken with the remaining marinara sauce and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375F, then increase the temperature to 450F and cook 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and serve with your favorite Keto-friendly vegetable. Enjoy!